[1] ꜰɪʀᴇ

Tw: sexual assault

"I really hope this party wasn't a waste of my time,"

I stop chewing on the straw from my homemade martini to give a glare at Indigo. She knows that this is one of the last places on earth I would want to be in right now and her jokes aren't making it easier for me to cope.

For starters, the tight dress on my body kept finding its way to the base of my hips so I had to repeatedly pull it down throughout the night.

"You're driving me home," I down the rest of the alcohol, slamming the glass on the counter and the sound reverberates in my ear.

I don't know what my problem is, but tonight isn't doing it for me. The fake smiles and stench of sweaty bodies from people I don't even know isn't my idea of a going away party, but since Indigo organised it, I have no choice.

It is for me after all.

The only people I do recognize though, were my boyfriend and a few of his friends sitting on the couch and laughing at a few jokes. 

He locks eyes with my staring ones and gives me a small wave. I smile to myself and turn around.

"Two shots of vodka," I tell the nearest bartender.

I rest my elbows on the counter to stop the back of my feet from bruising any further. The bartender taps my shoulder and gives me the glasses with a lopsided smile that I return, and I wander off to look for an empty table.

A warm kiss is placed on my cheek and I look up to see Chase. The smile on his face tells me everything I need to know.

"Okay, spill,"

His shoulders and smile drop by the slightest as he lets out a small breath.

"I wanna show the boys how gambling is done, but strictly for educational purposes," He stresses the last two words to add an effect.

I look back at the couch and the boys give me their best puppy eyes.

One was even begging on their knees.

Pffft. As if.

I turn back to look at Chase, pulling him close by the collar which only brings a smile onto his face, "But remember what happened last time. Your dad will kill you,"

He rubs my arm to try and win me over, "If I win a round, it's a good opportunity for you to eat at" He flashed me a smile, "-what was that place again...."

I widen my eyes in excitement as hunger grows in my stomach, "Okay, okay, you can go but you owe me one,"

He stands up, kisses me one last time and gives a thumbs up to the boys. They all cheer and I shake my head, smiling.

I spot an empty bench outside of the venue, but before I can walk out the door, I can't help but tilt my head back and pour the burning liquid down my throat, managing to salvage the flavor; A bitter taste to distract me from the bitter world.

Perfect.

I put the empty glass on the closest table to me. My heels are barely on my feet as I near the bench and my hair is messy and all frizzed up from the heat inside.

The breeze from the night air hits me like a truck when I step out the door and I shiver a little. Even after the door shuts, the music is the only thing you could hear from outside. It practically drowns out the sound of nature.

Someone stood leaning against a car with a lighted cigarette in his hand. His jaw visibly clenches when he hears my heels scrape against the concrete. He looks up at me alluringly and I turn around to make sure he isn't looking at me. When I see no one behind me, I mentally curse at myself at the perfect timing to be a wasted mess.