[6] ᴘᴜʀɢᴀᴛᴏʀʏ

The curtains are drawn back and the light hits my face. I can barely open my eyes but when I look over at Adora, she's sleeping soundly.

The floor was surprisingly much more comfortable than I imagined. I don't know what it was but something about being surrounded with other people made me feel safe.

Dante on the other hand is nowhere to be found.

"I have strict orders from the Boss to send you downstairs for breakfast." Katrina smiles at me, moving from the window to my bed, laying out my silk robe.

I give her a small smile and a 'thank you', going into the bathroom.

After brushing my teeth, I come out, almost tripping over the sleeping beauty.

I look around my room but Katrina has gone so I reach for her myself, putting her on my bed and making sure to tuck her into the sheets. 

The door slightly creaks and my body stiffens. I can feel someone's eyes burning through the back of my head.

Ever since last night's rendezvous, I've been on survival mode and it keeps getting to me.

I still felt their piercing gaze on me.

A hand grabs my left shoulder and I take one of my knives, pressing it tightly against their throat. I groan and I loosen my grip when I see Dante's face.

"I must say I'm impressed, Cherie

He laughs, bringing a cloth to wipe the line of blood trickling down from his neck but his french is what I'm more interested in.

"I didn't know you spoke french,"

"I don't. I just searched it up this morning," 

He quickly dismisses the topic and tucks the cloth in his inner pocket of his suit, "Damien isn't letting me eat breakfast because you're not there so hurry up."

He grabs my wrist bringing me along to the breakfast table in the living room and I try not to pull my hand back. He notices though, so he lets go, letting me walk at my own pace.

Adora is left behind but then again, I'm sure she's fine. Plus, if she needs us, she'll find a way to communicate.

I scrunch my eyebrows at the sight of Damien being on his phone during breakfast but the way he's gripping it tells me that right now wasn't the time. 

Knowing his history, I wouldn't want to get on his bad side. Even if it means walking on eggshells around him, it's a risk I'm willing to take.

I slump in my chair as an awkward silence filled the space, staring at one another. I look down at my plate, waiting for someone to speak.

I don't know whether to make friends or enemies with these people. I know they're part of the mafia but that doesn't dismiss every bad thing they've done. I have done some pretty messed up things in the past too but at least I was trying to make a change in my behavior.

Dante clears his throat, "So ...do we eat? No?"

Damien's eyes harden as he licks his bottom lip, looking up from his phone and meeting his eyes with mine. I quickly break eye contact but his eyes are still on me. 

He uses his hands to signal, 'go ahead' and we all lift up our forks. Dante flickers his eyes between Damien and I before looking down at his plate again. 

"What's with your neck?" He asks Damien.

I squeeze my eyes shut, hard, using my fork to toss the waffles and eggs to the edges of the plate a few times but I stop when I feel both their eyes on me.