[9] ᴀɴɢᴇʀ

"Adora, No!" A voice bursts into my room.

I don't have time to react when a giant baby jumps onto my stomach and I groan aloud. I can't even open my eyes but I know she's smiling hard, thinking she's accomplished something.

"Why are you here?" my voice sounds rough and crusty.

I can barely open my eyes but when I do, Dante deadpans his face at me, grabbing Adora off the bed.

"You're sealing the deal," He puts two of his fingers to his lips and blows a kiss into the air.

I widen my eyes and throw my head back over and over again. Possibly not setting a good example for Adora but at the moment, I don't care.

Ten minutes had passed, and during most of that time, Dante was trying to convince me that Damien is a decent person to be with. 'Somewhat decent' is what he said.

I've already had this conversation with myself when I was younger. I should be able to choose who I want to marry. It should've been my escape from this world, and marrying the devil himself does the exact opposite for me.

My last few hours of being single. I doubt using the word 'taken' is even going to be a thing in this marriage. Damien and I are going to go our own ways and act as if nothing has changed.

I stare at the bag in the corner of my room. The only day I get to wear a white dress and it doesn't even look good on me.

I carry the bag and leave Dante in my room with Adora. I hope my excuse can delay our wedding by a day or two.

Damien's door is right in front of my face but I'm scared to knock. Hesitantly, I bring up my fist and knock once.

Nothing.

Maybe he didn't hear so, I knock louder and three times now.

Still nothing.

I pull down the handle and open the door, expecting to see him half dressed but no one was in his room.

I look around the empty hallway and I decide to go and check downstairs. As I walk down the stairs, the bag hits against my leg with each step and it's hard to miss me coming down.

Damien's bare back comes into my view and I follow after him but I stop when I see a girl around my height leaning into him.
I clear my throat, not caring about their closeness because we're not married yet.

For the first time since our argument, he turns to look at me in the eye and he keeps the girl as close as possible to him, still unfazed.

I hold up the bag, "The dress doesn't look good and I don't know what to do about it,"

He doesn't say a word, leaving mine hanging in the air.

I guess he's still salty.

The girl rips herself away from him and I can tell it took a lot for her to do that, grabbing the bag and walking upstairs. Where to? I have no idea.

"Aren't you going to get ready?"

His naked top half is very visible but I'm trying not to get distracted by it. He doesn't respond to me, only glaring at me with hardened eyes and I think he's still salty from our argument.

I sigh loudly, going to sit down across from him at the dining table, "It looks like you still haven't learned from the last time we spoke,"

His plump lips part and he looks like he's about to say something but Eva makes herself known, her heels clicking against each step.