Chapter 4

"Well, it seems, Ren Yi Xiang, that you again have incredibly strong opinions on the organisations and how we run this school, " he declared, walking so that he blocked Miss Sherly. She didn't need to give any signs to the class to cause a rebellion," and so it means that so we must clarify your statements by being stricter." He proclaimed, smirking as the whole class groaned and prepared to fully slaughter Ren Yi Xiang after the lesson. This was the second time for pity's sake!
  "Therefore, everyone," he pondered for a quick second. There weren't really any strict rules he could give since he had already used them all. Aside from one...," you will all have to stay at school for 1 more hour, for your study sessions. I don't want anyone in this class to fail the starting exams, which will be coming up tomorrow."
With that, he walked out, glaring at Miss Sherly as she attempted to quiet everyone down by saying that it wasn't as bad. Now, he just had to go have a row with Regna and Siti on sending the students on a school trip. Sighing, he rubbed his temple. Why were women so difficult?
Meanwhile, in the class, Vincent was moaning about how the school was rigged. "And a competition! Why?! They're probably just trying to find ways to expel students! And they're not even giving us any time to revise. I mean, who would want to stay at school for another hour?"
Perking up, Denise replied, "Me?"
Stumbling over his words, Vincent somehow managed to redeem himself by saying, "Well, me as well, Denise! Hey, you wanna study together, yeah, you do?" Noticing that Jian Hao was looking over at him, he snarled." Jian Hao, get back to your own stuff, Denise is my own girlfriend now!"
  After a full 3 minutes of shushing everyone down, the class finally fell something near to quiet. Finally, it gave Miss Sherly a chance to speak," Guys, I know you are all quite reluctant to participate in this challenge, but what other option do any of you have? Now, we will use these lessons for you guys to all revise your math skills, as this will be  a major part of the test you will be doing tomorrow. Please keep in mind, everyone, that the test will be 3 hours long."
Afterwards, she went back to sit on her own chair and grade the remaining papers she had left. The class all took out any scrap pieces of paper and their textbooks, or (just like Teverly and Denise), took out a whole folder filled with colourful notes and complicated formulas.
As everyone got onto revising, it was quite silent, as even people like Vincent understood the severity of this.
                                                                                                 ♡♡♡
After all of their classes ended (as well as the extra hour they were forced to stay behind), everyone stumbled out of their seats and walked out in their friendship groups. This then left Denise, Jian Hao, Vincent and Maddy. It seemed than Jian Hao was waiting for Denise, Vincent doing the same, Denise was just trying to continue her revision, and Maddy was lingering there, wondering if anyone would even remember her. It was like she was invisible sometimes, with Jian Hao chasing after a girl who probably didn't want him anyway. Boys would never get it. 

"Umm...Denise, are we going to get going now?" Vincent asked, wanting to leave the school now. Also, because he didn't want to take the risk of Jian Hao talking to his girlfriend. 

"Not yet", Denise promptly replied, "I want to continue my revision, and being in a class environment works best for me."

"Come on Denise, lets get going," Vincent said urgently, he didn't want to stay at school more than he needed to, but he quickly thought of an idea, "hey, Denise, how about we go revise together at my house then, or we can go somewhere to revise together, you know?"

At this, Denise turned around to Vincent, "If you really want to revise Vincent, then come on, we can go to the nearby cafe, they usually provide a good environment for studying, and my mum only expects my back home at 6pm. " She looked at him, wondering if he wanted to come, and then realised Jian Hao was also there. Remembering what he said about Maddy, she just chose to ignore him, and didn't look at him while she and Vincent walked out of the classroom, both of them carrying a stack of books (most of them being Denise's.