Chapter 8 (The First Test)

On a Friday morning, it was a cool breeze, and although it was quite calm, many students of Titan Academy (and some teachers) were anything but, as the math exam was on that day. Groggily, people walked onto the bus, entered the car, or just started to walk to school. Most of them had revised, and the ones who were still doing so were the ones who had forgotten about the test last night.

In the Exam Hall (which was used for examinations previously, each class had its own Hall, and its own teachers to supervise. However, for N4-T1, they were unfortunate to have Mr Alan, and T1-T5 was dreading it when they found out that they and Mrs Regna. At 7am, Mrs Regna walked into the Exam Hall, making sure that Denise wasn't there. The other year, she had fallen out of her chair in surprise, and she did not need another scene of that happening. Mr Alan came through the door and talked to her, at first about serious organisation stuff, and then random stuff. They were human, too.

However, as they were talking, both of them failed to realise that Denise had creeped into the hall, excited for the test. She realised that 2 teachers were there and reasoned with herself that it would be impolite to not greet them. 

"Good morning, Mrs Regna and Mr Alan."

At this point in time, Regna controlled herself and managed to not let out a scream. Mr Alan, however, failed to do that, and so let out a scream and in 2 quick strides stood behind Regna. When he realised that it was Denise, he quickly stood out from behind, trying not to let his huge embarrassment reveal itself on his face. Regna wasn't helping in the slightest. Although she had a blank expression, he had known her for a long time and could tell that her eyes were laughing at him. Turning back to Denise, she asked, "Do you really have to be here so early, Denise? It's 7:15am!"

"Yes, but that means I have exactly 2 hours, 44 minutes and 25 seconds to revise, and based on past experience, this is the best time where I can do any last-minute revision.

Same speech as always. Just as Regna got back to separating the math papers and making sure the equipment was ready, Denise did her usual thing, "Extra Sheet, please!"

It wasn't as loud as last time, which was a relief. How she had so much energy in the morning, the two adults weren't sure. They wouldn't be surprised  if they found that she took 10 cups of coffee every morning. Though, that would be really bad for her health, wouldn't it?

"Mrs Regna, Mr Alan, EXTRA SHEET PLEASE, EXTRA SHEET!" 

Ok, so they weren't ready for that. Regna jumped and only just managed to drop the protractor before regaining her composure in a matter of milliseconds. Next to her, the man had been startled so much that he actually jumped and dropped the paper he was holding. 

"Pick that up." she murmured, to which he obeyed to.

Meanwhile, Denise smirked. She never used that sentence in exams. It was purely just to see the reactions of teachers. They always reacted hilariously, except Madam Soot Beng, who was used to it.

                                                                      ***

A few hours later, students from T1-T5 started filing in, and the tension was high. Students were nervous. There was a chance that a silly mistake in this paper could cost them to be expelled and blacklisted across all schools in the country. However, they all did their usual thing before examinations, involving people forgetting equipment and asking Debbie, and Abbey forgetting a calculator (but thankfully, those were being passed around anyway). Only a few minutes after the last person arrived, Regna picked up her ruler and cleared her throat. It's time to go of shouting for 3 hours. Slamming it against the table, she yelled for silence, which came immediately.