Chapter 6 - Time, mystical time

A/N I am still looking for proof readers, if you would like to help out send me a message on here and I will message you back ASAP

Taylor's POV

The sun lazily crept through the kitchen windows, painting the room in hues of soft morning light. The aroma of sizzling eggs filled the air, punctuating the quiet tranquility of the morning. I moved about the kitchen, orchestrating breakfast while thoughts of Alexia's first day at her new school lingered in the periphery of my mind.

In her room, the rustling sounds of Alexia getting ready blended with the gentle tunes of morning birds outside the window. She was preparing herself for the day, a mix of excitement and apprehension lingering in the air. Meanwhile, Travis stood by the counter, occasionally glancing up from his phone, a smile playing on his lips as he observed my culinary endeavors.

"So the final things should arrive today while she is at school and then tree is going to bring them over," I said

A soft chuckle escaped my lips. "She's confident she's got it covered, but a helping hand never hurts," I replied, a playful glint in my eye. The camaraderie between us was filled with understanding—knowing when to lend support without imposing, a dance perfected over time.

Travis nodded, his willingness to be there palpable in his subtle movements. "I'll make sure everything's in order before she heads off."

The clinking of plates signaled the completion of the breakfast masterpiece. As I plated the eggs I'd been meticulously tending to, Travis chimed in with another piece of the puzzle. "My brother's swinging by soon to start painting her room," he mentioned, the anticipation evident in his tone.

"Have a great day, Alexia. You're going to do amazing," I encouraged her, offering a reassuring smile as she stepped out of the car and joined the bustling stream of students.

As Alexia disappeared into the school gates, I caught a glimpse of her nervous smile before she disappeared into the crowd. I lingered for a moment, feeling a mix of emotions—pride in her resilience and a twinge of maternal worry that always lingered.

Meanwhile, Travis set off on his own mission. He joined Tree, together , they navigated the logistics of transporting the new furniture to our home. The clinking of truck doors and the distant rumble of traffic were a symphony echoing the day's purpose.

"Let's make this special," Tree remarked a tone of determination in her voice, reflecting the sentiment that resonated within all of us.

Back at our home, the air was alive with the scent of fresh paint. Travis's brother, Jason, had arrived, armed with cans of paint and a vision for transforming Alexia's room. The once-empty space was gradually coming to life as Jason deftly wielded his brush, applying layers of a soft, pink-toned grey to the walls.

The room seemed to undergo a gentle metamorphosis, the strokes of paint bringing forth a sense of warmth and tranquility. Each brushstroke was infused with a sense of care and dedication, a tangible manifestation of the effort put into making this space a haven for Alexia.

"Let's make sure it's just right," Jason remarked, his dedication to detail evident in the precision of each stroke.

As the morning progressed, the house was a symphony of activities—paint cans lined up neatly, furniture being carefully unloaded and placed, and the sound of brushes sweeping across the walls. It was a labour of love, each action a brushstroke on the canvas of Alexia's new beginning.

As the clock neared 4 PM, the air hummed with a palpable sense of accomplishment. The once unassuming guest room had undergone a remarkable metamorphosis, emerging as a space brimming with character and warmth. It was no longer a mere room but a canvas painted with meticulous care and affection.