Chapter 53

"No thank you." Luna pushes away the salad Finn keeps nudging in her direction. It should be forbidden for town events to serve salads and other healthy foods. Alcohol-only sounded much better in Luna's opinion.

Luna was still seated on Elijah's lap and she had managed to convince Niklaus it was of the utmost importance for him to stay near the table. She had made up a story of the dangers of leaving one's mate behind with only four other Original vampires to protect her. An Original hybrid was very much needed in this task.

Niklaus, eager to please his mate, played along and took Luna's warning to heart, not daring to inch away from his mate for a single moment.

Luna knew it was childish of her to act this way and ask this of her mates, but then again they had tried to lock her away in the mansion so she didn't feel too burdened. She was certain her mates would survive another two hours in their seats.

"I know you threw out your breakfast." Finn rumbles, narrowing his eyes at Luna.

"Did not."

Finn raises a challenging eyebrow, not amused with Luna's attempt to get away with her lie.

"It wasn't breakfast, it was liquified kale. My definition of hell." Luna mutters defeatedly. With an irritated huff, she grabs the plate and shoves a forkful of lettuce in her mouth, scowling at Finn after swallowing.

Finn grins, pleased with the outcome. His mate was getting her vitamins, which was all he wanted.

"This sucks." Luna grumbles before she forces another bite into her mouth.

Kol, like always, found the opportunity to disturb the peace as he ran towards the table. "Angel! The creepy old hag won't leave me alone!"

Niklaus snorts as he sees the lady, who was staring intently at Kol, scowl. He had seen and heard some of the woman's flirting and had been quite amused with the whole happening.

"The creepy old hag can hear you." Elijah remarks dryly whilst nuzzling at Luna's temple whilst she stuffed another piece of lettuce in her mouth, believing it best to get the torture over with as soon as possible.

"That was my intention." Kol grumbles. He quickly pushes Stefan out of his chair and takes a seat before looking expectantly at his mate. "Aren't you going to climb me as well?"

"What the hell?" Stefan huffs annoyed before finding himself another chair, knowing it wasn't worth fighting over a chair. Finn was still a bit sour with him for the cupboard incident and he'd rather not piss off two Mikaelsons.

"You possess the same awareness of social norms as a toddler." Damon scoffs, rolling his eyes at the idea of having to witness Luna climb yet another Mikaelson.

"The only toddler here is you!" Kol retaliates before kicking Damon's chair.

"At least I don't dress like a toddler!" Damon snorts.

"Hey! This shirt is cool, Luna got it for me!"

Luna blinks in confusion. Kol was wearing a white button-up shirt, the same as Damon. The shirt couldn't be described as childish nor cool. It was just a plain dress shirt.

"Newsflash, she has poor taste!" Damon snaps. "Just look at the likes of you-"

"You take that back!" Kol snaps.

"Who's that?" Stefan asks, interrupting the bickering vampires and looking pointedly at the stranger that had entered the room. Stefan was quite familiar with most of the locals and this person did not seem like a friendly citizen who was eager to behold the pageant.