Wattpad Original
There are 3 more free parts

Ch. 17: A Body in the Devil's House

Gabriel

Sofia hasn't stopped giving me the cold shoulder. My brain is trying its best to make sense of her anger. She had been so pliant under me, her moans were so loud they echoed and still do in my ears. Then the moment was shattered just like that.

I relentlessly try to piece the fragments together, attempting to create a less confusing scenario, trying to find where I went wrong.

Did I touch her without her permission?

No, that couldn't be.

She told me she wanted me to fuck her with my tongue. Whatever the issue is, it isn't about consent.

The thoughts unravel in my mind one by one as I lean against the SUV, my keys hanging from my index finger while I wait for her to emerge. As expected, even far from home, Sofia has managed to find plenty of items to occupy her time getting ready.

I had been filled with anticipation about this trip. I believed that spending time alone with her would help us grow accustomed to each other's company. That's what my men advised me to do.

Not that I am ever thanking the idiots.

Now, it feels like a mistake.

The clack of flats on the porch makes me look up at a pair of sexy legs, stopping at the hem of a pink dress and rising to a chest where gorgeous tits are squeezed together, perfected with strings tied in the shape of a bow, then up to a face devoid of a smile.

"Are you seriously giving me the silent treatment?" I inquire, finding this unspoken disagreement somewhat amusing.

Sofia doesn't respond. She descends the remaining stairs, dons her sunglasses, and strides around the car to take the passenger seat.

"This is absurd," I mutter, frustrated, and slam a hand on the car's roof before peering inside through the open window. "What on earth did I do?"

"Can we just leave this place? It's suffocating me," she finally speaks, her gaze fixed outside the window.

At least she's talking now. That's a glimmer of hope.

"As you wish," I grumble, sliding into the driver's seat and starting the car.

We depart from my parents' old vacation cottage, leaving the solitude of the woods and its inhabitants behind.

Inside, my heart is in chaos. Outside, I am the picture of calm with no words spoken between us for the rest of the way home.

***

I pull into the driveway, my hands aching from my tight grip on the steering wheel during the drive. As I bring the car to a halt near the porch, I notice Fabio with his back turned to us, engaged in a phone conversation.

Two valets quickly approach as soon as Sofia and I exit the car. I toss the keys to one of them, and he acknowledges with a respectful bow before departing to park the car.

Fabio turns, his eyes widening in alarm when he sees me. He ends the call and strides over to us.

"Gabriel, we've got a problem," he announces, piquing Sofia's curiosity. She doesn't make her way to the entrance but stands by my side.

"What kind of problem?" I ask, suspecting that the only potential issue is related to Federico.

He is the only concern I can handle after the overwhelming stress Sofia has put me through since last night. My shoulders are cramped from sleeping outside the bedroom door all night.

"Gabby, darling!"

I freeze, my body reacting to the screeching, feminine voice. Fabio gulps, and I blink at him, feeling a chill crawl up my spine.