Chapter 2 (The New House)

Lily and Jasmine had apparated to the Potter manor, so they arrived there in no time."So, this is where you're going to be living," Lily told her daughter while smiling at her. "It's beautiful, Mum. I wanna see the inside of the house." Jasmine told her mother, smiling back at her.  They both walked into the house together. Jasmine was amazed at the size and beauty of the house. "Liking the house, Jas?" James asked, with a grin on his face. "Dad!", Harriet called out as she ran up to her father to hug him. " Jas, I will show you around the house while your mother prepares the dinner. Let's go." James told Jasmine, grabbing her hand and leading her up the staircase. " There are four floors to the manor. The first floor, - " James said, " - as you saw, has the kitchen, 3 different sitting rooms, a dining room and a ballroom. The second floor here has the different studies and - " James led Jasmine in front of a large room " - the library. I have a feeling you're going to spend a lot of time in here." Jasmine was really amazed. "Come on Jas, we still have a whole floor to show you." James called out. "Coming Dad, just a sec." She answered back. Jasmine ran up the stairs to her father to find him smiling at her. The third floor has guest bedrooms and fourth floor has the master bedroom and two other bedroom — on for you and the other for your brother. Now - " James was saying as he led her towards a bedroom, " this is your bedroom. Do you like it, Jas?" James asked with a hopeful look in his hazel eyes. The room was a painted with shades of blue, since that was her favourite colour. There were many bookshelves filled with books, a cute desk with stationery such as quill and parchment on it, and the wooden bed had designs of golden vines and was covered with a sheet of a deep blue shade. Jasmine was at a loss of words. "Dad, I don't like the room, " she paused for a dramatic effect - " I love it! It's perfect! Thank you so much Dad!" She said hugging James. " Alright then, go wash up and then come down for dinner, your mother and I will be waiting for you." James said , as he left the room.  She walked around the room, checking out all of her new things, and then went to the bathroom to wash up quickly. Then she changed her dress and headed downstairs. As she was walking towards the dining table, she saw her mum and dad were already waiting for her. Her mother served her the food while James was asking her questions, wanting to catch up with his daughter's life. After dinner, she went to her room and took a book to bed for some light reading before she fell asleep. The first night at her real home with her parents felt surreal, but she was still wondering about her brother. That night, she dreamed that she was playing with a raven-haired boy in glasses while her parents were smiling, watching them. She really wanted to find her brother out and make sure he's safe and sound.