Chapter 3

READ AFTER CHAPTER 21 OF See Me
*:・゚✧*:༶•┈┈୨ ☆ ୧┈┈•༶ *:✧*:・゚

I stepped into the kitchen, hearing Dad, James, and Uncle Warner bicker about something I didn't really want to know, or be around for because it seemed serious, and I was in no mood to feel it right now. I didn't even want to come downstairs, but I was thirsty, so I hoped I'd go down and up without someone seeing me.

I opened the fridge to get a water bottle and was about to close the door when I sensed someone's presence with me, making the hairs on my neck stand to an end before relaxing, realizing who it is and closing the door, turning around.

"Hey, uncle," I smiled, watching him walk in.

"Hi," he replied calmly. I sensed a slight hint of anger in his feelings mixed with worrisome, making me grit my teeth, "don't worry, I'm not worried about you. It's about James. He's such an idiot."

"Oh," I let out before scoffing, "you just figured that out?"

He rolled his eyes but didn't say anything, didn't move. I knew he didn't want a anything from the kitchen. He's here for me. He comes by to begin with for me, but I didn't know what to say to him.

"What did you decide to do?" He finally asked when I didn't move too. I didn't need to ask what he was talking about.

"There isn't much to decide," I shrugged, "it's not like I have a choice."

I still had no control whatsoever over my powers, but it wasn't as horrible as before. Maybe because there wasn't much negative feelings to feel. The only time I feel overwhelmed is when I'm at school, but who doesn't feel overwhelmed at school? I just go to the bathroom in breaks, so I could be alone and not feel everyone's different emotions at one time.

"Are they still arguing?" I asked and watched him peek out of the kitchen's door before nodding his head, causing me to sigh. I didn't want to be around this right now. Or anytime soon to be honest. Or anytime at all.

"Do you want to leave?"

"What?" I jerked my head back in surprise.

"You don't want to stay here," he shrugged, "and I was leaving anyway. You could go on a drive with me if you want."

"You're...okay with that?" I arched an eyebrow. Uncle Warner asking anyone to hang out with him was not on my new year list of accomplishments. I saw his jaw clench and look to his right before looking at me again, his emotions shifted to discomfort, doubt.

"It's okay if you don't want to—"

"No!" I waved a hand, putting the water bottle on the counter, "I mean, no. This is not what I— I didn't mean to feel like— I mean yes, I would like to go on a drive. I'll go change real quick."

I ran past him before he could reply, heading upstairs to my room and throwing some jeans and a soft sweater before going downstairs, seeing Uncle Warner waiting on the couch while James and Dad talked as James ate a sandwich.

"Let's go," I said once I walked into the living room.

"Adam, I'm taking your daughter to spend some time away from you," he put his hands in his coat pockets as he stood up, "it's affecting her mental health."

"Oh my god," I groaned under my breath with a shake of my head.

"You're going to spend time with her so you could damage her mental health more?" Dad frowned, "where are you going?"

"Don't worry, I'm not going to kidnap her."

"Oh no, I'm not worried about that," Dad waved a hand, "I know she can kidnap and sell you in parts if she wanted. It's just... you," he pointed at Uncle Warner, "hanging out with a kid who isn't Emma?"