30 the sweet life

-CHAPTER THIRTY-
fast car - tracy chapman

"So I remember when we were driving, driving in your car
Speed so fast it felt like I was drunk
City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulder
And I had a feeling that I belonged
I had a feeling I could be someone"

dahlia woke up the next morning to landos arm draped around her. she smiled as she remembered the night before, getting butterflies as she realised it was real, this was her life.

she gently pushed lando off of her before getting up slowly, leaving the boy alone in the bed. dahlia sighed, looking down at the now crinkled black skirt she fell asleep in. she thought of changing but her mouth was bone dry, making it painful to speak or breath.

dahlia walked into the kitchen , pouring a glass of water and drinking it all in one go. she pulled open her curtains, looking out into the busy saturday morning rush in the city before putting on her kettle. her phone buzzed on the kitchen island where she had set it.

—————————————————————

Lan🙄

hey!!

goodmorning beautiful girl

what do you want lando?

are you making tea?

i'll be back in in a minute

————————————————————

she made two cups of tea, carrying them into her bedroom where lando was sitting up on his bed scrolling through his phone.

"here you go." dahlia smiled handed him his cup.

"thank you." he said, taking it off her before she sat down. he smiled as he looked at her. she thought she would look a mess with her bed hair and still her the same outfit on from last night after the two fell into bed and went to sleep cuddling. "you look nice." he complimented

dahlia let out a small laugh, not believing the boy. "i doubt that. i really should've changed."

"i like it." lando smirked at her, glancing his eyes up and down.

"you need to change, you probably stink." dahlia shot back making the boys face drop. "i probably have some clothes you could get away with."

"so help me god lia, if you put me in a dress or something-"

"i'm not gonna put you in a dress!" dahlia cut lando off. she got up, walking over to her closet, going through the racks of large t shirts. her hand stopped of jude's jersey, making the girl freeze, the feeling of heartbreak rushing back to her.

"hello!" lando gushed in a baby's voice, confusing dahlia. she walked out to see him leaning over the bed and picking up the kitten. "you know who your daddy is, don't you?"

"ew, you did not just say that?" dahlia yelled, giving the boy a judgemental look.

lando looked up at the girl, laughing. "find anything?"