32 what if it happened to you on a different day

-CHAPTER THIRTY TWO-
we have all the time in the world - louis armstrong

"We have all the time in the world
Time enough for life to unfold
All the precious things love has in store
We have all the love in the world"

(please don't be a dry reader cause i'm slowly
losing motivation for this book cause no one's
commenting anymore and if you are ily xx)

✰ ✰ ✰

spa was always a tough weekend for dahlia- for everyone. it brought up a lot of hard memories, but the main thing was that they kept going, trying not to dwell on the memories from a few years ago.

the track walk was always the hardest part for dahlia, bringing the grief back to haunt her. truth was, dahlia never fully dealt with anthoines death, leading her to breakdown every time she thought about it for too long. but she pushed on, because although grief never leaves or shrinks, the person learns to grow, to keep going, for those who can't.

george put an arm around the girls shoulder for comfort as they walked around the track. she felt her phone buzz in her pocket. with her one free hand, the other holding a bouquet of wild flowers that she picked herself, she took it out.

————————————————————

Lan🧡

hey, you doing alright?

————————————————————

dahlia smiled with comfort, looking over her shoulder to see the brunette boy walking a while behind them, only starting his grid walk now. she could just about make out his gentle smile.

————————————————————

Lan🧡

obviously could be better

i know

just checking in and letting you know
i'm here

thanks lando x

talk to you after?

of course

have to go, georgie's getting suspicious

whoops

————————————————————

they approached the corner where anthoines accident happened. george, his race engineer, strategist and dahlia stopped for a moment of silence as dahlia layed the flowers next to the couple of bunches that already there, all thinking of their own memories with the boy.

dahlia wasn't one of his closest friends, but she still missed the boy's presence. they were close as they were both in formula four at the same time despite being in different countries, and always said hi and talked to each other any time they saw each other at races. dahlia never had a bad thing to say about anthoine.

"you ready?" george asked politely, placing a hand on his sisters shoulder. dahlia turned to look at him, nodding. george hugged her tightly before they continued their track walk.