C H A P T E R 04

04| Welcome To Eternia

She's so scaredSo very frightenedAnything could happenRight here tonight♪Beautiful Girl by INXS♪

She's so scared
So very frightened
Anything could happen
Right here tonight
♪Beautiful Girl by INXS♪

"Welcome to Eternia, love."

That sounded like a death sentence.

My heart stopped beating for a while, although I couldn't quite perceive the real reason—his words or his touch.

His dissolute, evil touch!

I tried ripping my hand away from his hold, his thumb grazing the diamond on my finger and making me feel unsettling things. I never thought a ring so expensive, an ornament that every girl desires, would feel so uncomfortable and detestable on my finger.

Alright now, if this notorious man didn't step away from my personal space and let go of my hand, the Christian Louboutin heels on my feet wouldn't hesitate to bore a hole through his handmade leather shoes.

He didn't.

Neither did I.

A sly smile made way on his chiseled face, seeing me struggle to even so much as speak for myself. He knew I didn't have the courage and that satisfied him. Jerk!

"Uh.. Can you please-"

"Let's get you upstairs." He cut off my request to move apart and instead pulled me more into him, slipping his hand over my waist as he tugged me somewhere upstairs.

I resisted the urge to peel his hand off my waist as we ascended the ornate stairs of this castle-like mansion. It felt like forever as we passed through the carpeted hallways, sheltered by ceilings that were adorned with creepy frescoes. The gargoyle over me looked like it would end me right there just because I dared to enter these premises, like it was this evil place's evil guardian.

The sharp click of the door opening brought me back. I didn't even realize when and how we reached the room.

"Don't leave the room." He ordered, shoved me inside, and closed the door. Just like that.

It was weird that I was starting to get used to his annoying behavior. I leaned towards the door decorated with intricate golden designs and waited for his footsteps to vanish. Once I was sure he wasn't anywhere near the room, I turned back and exhaled a held in breath.

The room carried the fragrance of fresh vanilla emanating from the blown-off candles. The carved windows replicated the designs on the door. But they were shut down. The afternoon sun peeked into the room from the thin crevices of the windows, the golden rays illuminating the almost dark room. I wanted to push them open and feel the freshness of the air, but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to do so.

So I settled over the brown leather couch, feeling the exhaustion double as I laid down over it. I thought I'd never be able to sleep in a place like this, but I went off in less than a minute.