Raccoon Six

The next couple of days flew by in a blur. Prince thankfully settled into apartment life much easier than King had thought he would. He was also gaining weight well and even began to get little bursts of energy where he would run around the living room like a crazy puppy for a few minutes here and there.

While they had settled in as unexpected roommates, King had been going over paperwork for his upgraded contract. It was quite a big deal, so he'd taken a few days to figure out the ins and outs of it.

He was basically going to be paid enough to easily manage his current finances and begin to start really saving. It was a dream... that was finally coming true. In fact, he'd signed the electronic papers last night, and now, with the confirmation email in his inbox, he was more than a little giddy for his streaming session later.

As Prince finished one of his little zooming sessions and wandered into the kitchen, panting quietly and eager for something to nibble on, King was already busy preparing their meal.

He'd been cooking quite a bit since Prince still needed to gain weight, and while he could technically still feed him pizza and junk food, he wanted to make sure that the little raccoon got the best that it could.

And besides, his mom had bought a crazy amount of stuff for them and he really disliked wasting food, or shirking her kindness. So, cooking it was!

I definitely prefer in game cooking to real life cooking, though.

In his game you just clicked a few buttons and had a bunch of food, but real life? He consistently spent at least an hour each night chopping food and preparing snacks for them. Even though he tried to make more than he thought they would eat that night, it never seemed to end up being enough.

Feeling a gentle tug on his pajama pants, King looked down with a smile.

"Hey there, P. Ran out of energy?" he asked as he reached down and handed the little guy a turkey, cheese, and lettuce wrap.

The little raccoon eagerly took the proffered item and sat down, chomping away at it right then and there.

King made one for himself after filling a small container with eight others. Leaning against the counter, he checked his social media account and grinned.

"I haven't posted on here since the day I found you. I probably should do another picture," he said as he quickly switched his phone to camera mode.

He thought about taking one with Prince, since the little guy was a part of his life now and that would definitely get him a lot of feedback, but he decided against it rather quickly.

He wouldn't take advantage of Baron like that. Especially since he had no way of consenting to such a thing.

"Just me this time," he said as he lifted the phone up and, after mussing up his hair just right, snapped a photo.

Okay, I look pretty darn good.

Turning the phone around and leaning over slightly, King smiled as Prince glanced up at him, done with his snack.

"Don't I look handsome, P? You found yourself a really cool dad."

The raccoon flicked an ear and tilted its head, then completely ignored the phone and stood up to tug on King's pants for another snack.

"...kids these days don't understand," he said, grinning at his stupid joke since he was more the kid than Baron.

Instead of handing him another lettuce wrap, King straightened back up and quickly typed out a little post for his picture.