prolouge

12th of July 2000,,

"Hey, Lydia?" Felix asked as he stared at the fast moving water by the pond

"Mhm." The girl hummed back as she fixated on the grass around them trying not to stare at the boy in front of her.

"Come to Saltburn with me." He said, out of the blue.

"What? No I could never intrude like that. You said it yourself, your Mothers a very special woman."

Felix turned around and now stared at the girl through his dark irises. The pair of them were only thirteen at this time but for some reason his stare was always so alluring to her, she couldn't help but stare back.

"All of her friends stay over for months on end. She won't mind you for the summer." He quipped back but seeing as Lydia still seemed rather distant he decided to add another word in. "In fact I think she'd really love you."

"Really?" Lydia practically scoffed back and looked at him. "Me?" She said yet again and raised a finger to point to herself.

"Yeah? What's not to like." He stated and leaned back on his arms, fiddling with some stray pieces of grass in the process.

"Lots of things." Lydia mumbled back and rested her head on her knee.

"Lydia, your perfect." He then said and laid his head down on the grass, shutting his eyes.

Suddenly he felt a large mound of grass being shoved in his face and he immediately sat up and pushed it off him.

"Your so dead." He shouted with a smile before Lydia stood up and hurried off running around the large garden, of Oakley boarding school.

Felix's parents had sent him here so he could get a good education and meet knew people. Always being welcomed home to Saltburn in the summer, and whenever he wished.

Where as Lydia's parents had sent her away to this place to discipline her for something she had not even done. You see her older brother, her parent's favourite was caught with drugs in his room and being the least favoured sibling, Lydia was blamed before Oscar, her brother could even say a word their Mother had jumped onto him, hugging him as she cried about how much of a monster Lydia was for putting him up to this.

One thing she could never fathom about that was how could a twelve year old girl, with no freinds or contact with anyone other than family ever get her hands on drugs? Over her sixteen year old, party monster brother who had many friends and was hardly ever home.