five

chapter five

As Lydia's droopy eyes slipped open she was met with the perfect morning breakfast, Felix's bare chest as he pulled a red t-shirt over his head.

"Morning." She mumbled before sinking more into her pillow.

She didn't get a response for a while tempting her to open her eyes yet again. Only to be met with Felix's own irises staring down at her. Once he noticed she had caught him he just smiled.

"Lyds I want you to play a game with me."

"A game?" She questioned and sat up running a hand through her hair.

"Yes a game."

"What does this game involve."

"You to follow me." Was all he concluded with before exiting the room.

Lydia let out a sigh as she was left alone with the state of the beds wrinkled sheets and the duvet half way across the floor.

Slowly she got out of bed and put on a floral summer dress that was short but not too short, reaching her upper thigh.

"Felix!" She shouted as she now roamed the halls of Saltburn looking for him but instead came across Oliver.

He was looking down at a glass container of something exotic amongst the many little trinkets on the shelf.

"Have you seen Felix?" She asked and approached him seeming to make him jump.

"Oh yeah sorry he passed by here a minute ago." The timid boy said and she nodded in amusement.

"Yeah? Which way?" She asked him as he seemed to be rather flushed.

"Oh um just that way." Oliver said and pointed to the right side door.

"Thanks Ollie." Lydia said before flashing him a smile and running down the hall once again in hopes of now catching Felix.

"Fefe!" She shouted as she saw him stood talking to Farleigh or more arguing with him.

"Lyds!" He shouted back and brushed Farleigh off walking over to her and placing an arm over her shoulder.

The action made her blush a little, but she didn't know why. Felix Catton had flung his arm over her shoulder multiple times before and she had no care for it, but now his touch was different.

"Felix! I won't beg you anymore. It's embarrassing." Farleigh suddenly said.

"Farleigh just leave it." Felix seemed to say with a hint of irony in his voice before he lead Lydia out of the house, into the garden or more outside the hedge maze.

"The maze?" Lydia whispered in confusion and looked up at him.

Only then did Felix unlock his arm over his shoulder and run straight into the maze.

"Come find me!" He shouted as he turned a corner and disappeared.

So this was his game, Hide and Seek in the maze. Lydia thought to herself before she shook her head and followed him into the place.

After ten minutes she still had yet to find him as wondered the maze.

"Fefe! Give me a clue!" She shouted hoping he could hear her and would shout back, which he did.

"No! You've got to find me!" He shouted but seemingly didn't know he had just given himself away.

Lydia then followed his voice around a few corners until she was met with a statue of some animal type human thing came into view with Felix leaning against it with a smirk on his face and his arms crossed.

"You found me." He said as she walked over to him.

"I win." She said jokingly.

"You win." He confined and nodded through a laugh.

Lydia stood in front of him staring up and Felix Catton's wide smile and his dimples. He was so pretty, or well handsome.

"What where you and Farleigh talking about?" She asked trying to get the thoughts of Felix that plagued her mind so deeply recently.

"Oh nothing just the normal stuff."

"Really?" Lydia asked again and his smile faltered.

"No it's just he doesn't want to keep asking me and my parents for things." Felix said and bought his arm up to run against his face.

"He'll pull through at some point." Lydia reassured as Farleigh and his estranged Mother had been quite the talk point for the past couple years.

"I don't think so, Lyds." He said and seemed sadder than before.

Trying to lighten the mood Lydia changed the topic to one of more gloat and victory.

"Do I get a prize?" She then asked out of curiosity of the game they had played.

"Yeah you do." Felix replied and smirked once again. "Want to know what it is?"

Lydia nodded in agreement but he stood still for a moment before his hand met her waist and pulled her in closer.

Their faces now in inches of each others Lydia's breath quickened. His hand gently rubbed her side. His other hand reached up and gripped onto her chin running his hand down the side of her face as his breath fanned out across her cheek.

Before he moved his head down and took her lips. As their lips connected Lydia found herself moving closer into his touch.It was a passionate kiss as he moved against her mouth and she his.

But after a few seconds the pair of them broke it, to catch their breaths.

"Felix?" Lydia questioned him as he remained staring down at her.

The action and left her utterly speechless. The truth was she had wanted to be kissed by him for a while now but she had never for seen it happening.

However Felix said nothing and simply groaned a little before letting go of Lydia's waist and pushing away from the statue he was leaning on before he walked back into the maze and ran away from her.

"Felix!" She shouted after him but he was gone.

He had just kissed her and left her in a maze. Great.