four

chapter four,,

As the days went on the five of them, Lydia, Felix, Venetia, Farleigh and Oliver continued to have their fun around Saltburn. As they swam in the pool, played games, watched TV and hanged around the gardens.

Now they all sat in a corn field starch naked.

It was some what of an odd tradition but it was just a rule. No clothes in the field.

Venetia and Lydia laid on their fronts on a towel a few meters away from the boys. They had made sure to get here first to ensure none of the boys would see anything, yet.

Felix, Farleigh and Oliver were sat together a few meters over taking about god knows what.

"Do you think Ollie is hot?" Lydia asked Venetia.

Venetia let out a stifled laugh at her friends comment. Before turning to face her.

"I've seen much better." Venetia informed her probably speaking about one of her many boyfriends.

"I agree but he has some what of a feeling about him." Lydia said and Venetia once again laughed.

"Stop being all spiritual. We all know that you like Felix you don't have to hide it from me."

"What!" Lydia whisper yelled trying to make sure the boys didn't look over.

"It's fine Lydia I know." Venetia whispered back.

Lydia only sighed and shut her eyes as she said that. It was partly true and partly not true. It has just seemed over the last few days there had been a certain tension around her and Felix but she couldn't really tell as he always acted that way.

Maybe it was just her noticing that now or maybe it was that she was being delusional.

"Oh shut up." Lydia said and continued reading her book.

"It's fine I won't tell anyone, but like I said. I'm pretty sure everyone knows." Venetia finished and put emphasis on the word everyone.

Moments later Lydia found her eyes drifting over to Felix. Almost feeling her stare he looked back and the two of them held eye contact before Felix's eyes softened as he smirked then turned away.

Lydia would just have to wait and talk to him at dinner.

"Yes it would seem Pamela is gone." Elsbeth said as she sipped away at her glass.

"Gone?" Oliver questioned from his seat opposite the woman.

"Yes well James had to push her out this morning, quietly." She added and everyone round the table was quite in understanding before casual conversation started to break out between everyone.

"So will you be coming back to my room later?" Felix gently asked Lydia.

"Mhm I guess you'll just have to wait and see." She teased him making him crack a small lopsided smile.

"As long as you know your always welcome."

After Felix had spoken that Lydia found her thoughts wandering before she was pulled away by Farleigh.

"So your fucking him now?" He said and smirked his signature smirk.

"No it's not like that." She informed him only to hear Farleigh scoff.

"Then what's it like?"

"We're just sharing a bed. Like a sleepover." She told him and he laughed.

"Yeah because you'd be the first girl for Felix to have a sleepover with." He said once again scoffed at the statement.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean Farleigh." She replied her voice turning more defensive.

It wasn't that her and Farleigh didn't get along. It was more the fact that he was a total tease and would often spread gossip. Whether that gossip was true or not.

"Well it just means that everyone wants to fuck Felix. The rich, mildly attractive, ball of sunshine."

"Excuse me?" She said and glanced a look at Felix as him and Oliver talked. "I don't recall ever saying that I wanted to fuck Felix."

"But you do want to. Don't you?"

That statement made Lydia stop and think for a second. Sure they were childhood bestie friends but could something more blossom from that?

"Going to answer me today Lyds?" He said using the name that Felix would usually call her.

"Don't call me that." She replied and furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Why? Only little Fefe allowed to call you that?"

She knew he was only trying to dig at the two of them to get together or to at least try to see if there was something between them but Lydia couldn't help but find a deeper meaning behind his facade.

"Yes, only Felix is allowed to call me that." Lydia spoke, shutting him up.