[1] haruchiyo sanzu

art: jung_dubu on X (Twitter)

;;;;

<July 19, 2018 - 6:50 am>

"Who's that woman carrying Reina?" The pink haired male asked, squinting his eyes as he tried to recognize the unfamiliar womans face.

He was sure he's seen that face somewhere, he's just forgotten.

"My wife," Ran forced out.

Sanzu whipped his head to look at Ran; his eyes wide, face pale as if he's just seen a ghost. Ran raised a brow at his colleagues' ridiculous face.

"What?"

"You? A wife? I've always known you to be a single father, since when?" Sanzu asked, bewildered that the guy who doesn't hesitate to spill whatever the heck is running through his mind would keep his lips tight.

"Yesterday, it was a contracted marriage," Ran said blatantly. Going around the black car before opening the drivers door.

"I'll see you at work, and don't go yapping at the others. I plan on telling them about it," Was all he said, more like warned, before driving off.

Sanzu just stood there.

He glanced beyond the gate of the school. His eyes tried to search for any sign of that woman, before he heard a familiar voice. He didn't expect what Senju said was true, but he sure as hell believes her now.

"Haru? What are you doing here?"

It was none other than Kehaan's actual mother.

Sanzu couldn't help it. Eyeing how her current outfit just hugged her curves perfectly...

"My eyes are up here you pervert," She growled out, a snarl on her lips. Her darker eyes glared at the tall pink head, a growing pink hue on her cheeks. "I'll repeat but I won't do it for the third time: what are you doing here?"

"I dropped off our daughter of course, what else?" He stated as if it was obvious.

The woman rolled her eyes, the snarl leaving her lips as she frowned at him, her eyebrows creasing.

"Hey, loosen up will you? You'll get wrinkles- on second thought, you'll still be the same even with them..." One hand was on his chin while the other rested on his hip, his eyes slowly gazing back to her face before giving her a cheeky smile. "Beautiful as ever,"

The woman wasn't amused by his blatant flirting. Nor was she when they were younger.

Sanzu felt a sweat roll down his temple when he saw how unmoving his wife was, remembering how cold she was to him back in the day too. She hasn't changed a bit. At least.

"Cut the crap, Haruchiyo. If you think flirting will get me to forgive and forget, think again." Her voice stood cold and rigid but Sanzu can see through that she was still hurting.

He glared at the ground, his hand turning to fists as he bit his lip. "Look, I made a mistake, okay? I'm trying to repe- Hey!"

The shorter woman started to walk away when she heard him mutter mistake. She acknowledges the fact that he admitted it but it still hurt.

"Wait, Teddy." Sanzu called, the desperate tone evident when he called her name.

The sky haired woman stopped in her tracks, her hand visibly gripping the strap of her bag.

"I don't know how much I need to apologize- I'll go on my knees if you want, but please come back home. Not for me but for your, our daughter."

Teddy turned her head to look at Sanzu's eyes. "Why should I? She already see's me enough here though-"

"As her teacher," Sanzu watched at the way Teddy flinched at his words, her jaw clenching. "She doesn't even know you as her mother yet. She thinks Senju is her mother. And we both know she isn't, you are."

"Haruchiyo, you should go. You might be late for your job-"

'Her voice is trembling...'

"Teddy, you're evading. Love, think of it as an offer if you will. But please think it through," His tone was almost on the verge of begging.

A loose screw he may have in that thick skull of his but just seeing his daughter mistake his sister as her mother, or didn't felt right. It hurt him.

He'd always wish for a miracle to happen: just one day see his wife at the door, knocking, wishing to come back with him and their daughter. It may sound selfish, but if it meant giving Kehaan her actual mother then he'll be selfish.

"I..." She turned around, walking away as she continued, "I'll think about it..."

Sanzu watched as the distance between them grew once again. The once inseparable bond between them seemed to slowly yet increasingly get torn apart.

Sanzu sighed, going back to his car. His head laid against the steering wheel. His eyes creasing shut as he breathed out.

He's made mistakes in his life, but it seemed like one of them was a bomb that it caused such severe damage to him.

"Kehaan and I need you, love..." He straightened himself, plugging the key to the vehicle before starting the engine. His blank azure eyes stared at the road, driving off.

Especially him, he needs her.