[3] ran haitani

art: I can't understand their signature-

;;;;

<July 19, 2018 - 11:51 am>

Ran was restless.

It was already way past 11:30 and yet Y/n still hadn't called him to pick them up from the school. Shouldn't she have called him? He gave her his number for a reason, so why hadn't she called yet?

"Brother, stay calm. I already told you that the woman Reina wants as her mother stays a bit later so the other children can get home safely." Rindo tried to assure his brother but with how restless and worried he'd become. It shouldn't be too long before he forms assumptions and his rationale breaks.

"But what if something happened to Reina, Rindo? What if she gets hurt? Someone got to her and uses her against me?" Ran was starting to hyperventilate, his hand creasing his hair.

Rindo was stumped. He didn't know how to reassure his brother, he was starting to go beyond reason. Ran was starting to look sympathetic as Rindo continued to watch. He was acting as if it was the first time he's stained his fingers.

That incident was such a long time ago, but it seemed like he was traumatized. Of course, Rindo doesn't know the feeling but nonetheless he couldn't help but feel pity for his brother.

"Brother!" Rindo caught his brother.

Ran felt lightheaded, his vision blurring before the sound of his phone snapped him out of his almost fainting body.

In the speed of light, he ran towards the ringing phone only to see an unknown number. He could feel a huge weight being handed to him, a large lump forming on his throat as his mind raced.

"What's up with him? He's not answering his phone?" Kokonoi asked Rindo, his eyes looking at Ran weirdly. The way the older Haitani was behaving wasn't normal, albeit he seemed hysterical. The others that tagged along him looked at Ran rather worriedly.

"Reina still hasn't gone home and he's starting to think up scenarios..." Kokoni's mind immediately clicked, remembering a certain traumatizing event for Ran before nodding.

"Guess he still hasn't gotten over it?"

"Yeah,"

The ringing stopped, Ran had answered the call. He could feel his lips drying out before feeling all the weight on his shoulders to suddenly be lifted up once he heard Reina's voice through the call.

"Dad!" She giggled, her mouth seemed to be full.

"Reina! Thank goodness you're safe, where are you? Are you with Y/n right now?" Ran immediately asked, his hand gripping is knee as he resisted the urge to grit his teeth when he heard the voice of the woman he left his child with.

"Ran! I'm so sorry for not calling you earlier, yes, Reina is here with me and some colleagues." Her frantic voice sounded through the phone, her mouth seemed to be full with food when he heard her speak.

"Where are you?" His voice was cold and harsh, his eyes glaring while his teeth ground against each other.

He heard her gulp, "I'm currently at an all-you-can-eat place," Her voice seemed to lower in tone. "Uh, you seemed to know Kehaan's father, can you tell him that she's currently with me? I'm sure he's worried,"

Ran sighed, loosening his grip on his knee before he heard the door suddenly crash open. The other end of the call seemed to also hear it due to the fact that Reina asked if something was wrong.

"Money bags! I need you to locate my daughter for me-!"

"Calm down, you maniac. Your daughter is safe, she's with Reina." Ran muttered out, seeing how dilated Sanzu's eyes were. He must've taken some drugs to calm down his nerves.

Sanzu was panting, looking at Ran as is he sprouted another head. "Kehaan is with Reina? At your house?"

Ran ignored the pinkette's question, going back to speaking with the startled woman on the other line.

"I'll see you at home, Y/n." His voice was grave. He could already hear the way her body trembled.

He cut off the line, tossing his phone beside him. Covering his face with his palms before heaving out a large breath of relief.

His shoulders slumped against the soft leather couch, head thrown back as he calmed his hectic nerves.

"Wasn't that a bit harsh…?" Kakucho felt a bead of sweat trickle down his forehead, taking a seat in front of Ran.

Ran looked at him, incredulous. "How so?"

Kakucho just sighed at the older Haitani. "Even if it's just a contract, that's not how you really treat a woman, Ran…"

"Putting that aside, when's the wedding?" Kokonoi asked, taking a seat next to Kakucho, placing a leg on top of another.

A visible amused smirk was on his face, probably expecting something extravagant and luxurious just like the previous one.

The feeling of attending such an event had left an impact on him. Well, what with the free and delicious food alongside being able to look fabulous and expensive. Who'd be mental to skip on that?

"It'll just be a simple one this time," Ran waved his finger when he saw how Kokonoi's face visibly dropped when he heard Ran mention simple.

"Which reminds me… I should still, technically start the preparations," He resisted the urge to groan.

'God why do I need to prepare for a wedding when we're technically already wed,'