[10-1] ran haitani

art: --

;;;;

<September 8 2006, 5:15 pm>

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" A deep voice asked, his hands in his pockets as he stared at his older brother.

His eyebrows were crunched, seeing how unusual Ran dressed today.

He didn't have his signature braids, rather it just laid flat across his shoulders. His uniform seemed more clean and neat, and he wasn't wearing his normal sweater.

"Yeah, it's fine,"

Ridnk raised an eyebrow, rather shocked at the fact that Ran didn't seem interested in spending time with her.

"What's gotten into you? Normally you'd join me whenever I go hang out with her, yet now you're here acting like a stranger towards her." Rindo told him what was going through his mind, "Normally, you're all over her but right now you're distant. Why is that?"

Ran didn't meet his eyes, his teeth biting his lip as eyes cascaded to a small picture of him and a certain girl.

•••

He watched her scurry away in haste. His chest tightening, his lungs seemed to hold off from breathing, his world slowly gaining cracks.

He felt dejected when he saw her back turned towards him. It hurt him deeply.

"Who would even want to date a gangster...?"

He resisted the pain, sorrow, and tears.

"No one, of course... Even if it is her,"

•••

He mustered up a fake smile, pushing down the lump in his throat. "Yeah, I'm sure. And besides, I have a test to make up for."

Ran can clearly tell what his brother was feeling. He knew Rindo didn't want to leave his side and would want to poke deeper but he didn't allow.

"Go on, you'll keep her waiting." He closed his locker, turning his back. "And tell her, this upcoming Sunday, I'm going tohave her all to myself. Got it?"

He threw his head over his shoulder, giving Rindo a cheeky grin before walking off.

He can still feel his gaze on his back, speeding yo his pace before turning a corner. His jaw clenched tightly, his hands turning into fists, leaning against the wall.

"Haa..." Sighing out, he couldn't keep a line tear from staying inside his eye lids.

Defeatedly, he slid down. His forehead connecting with his knees, covering his face. He was shaking, evidently resisting the urge to just break down.

"What do you want...?" It was muffled but loud enough to cause the lurking shadow to flinch from where they were hiding.

His eyes glared at their direction, watching as a girl came out. He couldn't help but narrow his eyes more when he saw her.

Everything that she portrayed herself looked almost like the girl he loved. From her hair to the way she dresses, but her eyes were rather a let down. She had red, hers is a beautiful and pristine (eye color).

"I asked, what do you want?"

"Sorry if I'm bothering, I just saw you hunched here and thought you had a... bad day... or something..." She looked beyond nervous, her hands were flailing trying to cover up her eavesdropping.

Rolling his eyes, he stood up. His shoulders were slumped, a finger wiping a tear off his face. From his peripheral, he can see the girl staring at him like a lovesick idiot.

"If what you're here for is to eavesdrop, then I suggest you leave me alone." Turning, he was about to leave but stopped in his tracks. He can feel his veins buldge as she continued to speak.

"Did you get dumped?"

"What?-"

"By Y/n?"

He threw daggers, unamused by the innocent look on her face but he can see how the corner of her lips were resisting the urge to twist into a smirk.

"What made you think so?" He gritted out, nails biting his skin as he resisted hurting her. He can be rather harsh in a fight but that doesn't mean he's devoid of respect.

"It's just that... the both of you seem to have become rather distant."

"And you thought I got dumped just because of some distance?"

"You never know...?"

"Wipe that smirk off your face if you don't want me to rip it off." He growled out, his eyes glaringly dilating. "And also, don't meddle in other peoples business."

"Okay. Oh and also!" He turned away hoping to just get away from the unknown girl.

"I'm Akari! Come see me if you've become bored of her, won't you?"

"Get bored of Y/n? Never, you creep."