꧁❷꧂

𝐉𝐚𝐲𝐝𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
Beep...
Beep...
Beep...

I shut the alarm off and run a hand on my tired face. I close my eyes and pray, "Thank you for a new day, and for your protection throughout the night. May you guide me today, O God. Please, keep my mother safe. In Jesus name, Amen."

I get up from my bed and place my feet on the floor. I feel the cold tiles underneath my feet. I like the feeling. I've always had a high cold tolerance. I walk toward the bathroom and enter it.

I grab my toothbrush and apply some paste. I look at myself in the mirror and sigh.

After brushing my teeth, I head to my mom's room. His scent still lingers in the room. My mom never threw out any of his stuff. It's as if he's still here. A lump rises in my throat. "Pull yourself together," I think and clear my throat.

I walk over to her bed and tap her gently. "Mom? Mom. It's time to get up."

She stirs and opens her eyes slowly. Then she smiles.

"Good morning ma."

"Jayden, good morning."

We say a prayer together. I then head to my room to take a shower.

After completing my skincare routine, I put on my uniform. It's comprised of a black blazer outlined with white, a pair of grey plaid trousers, a red tie with black and lilac stripes, and a white shirt. The logo of Kingdom International Senior High is embroidered on the breast pocket of the blazer and the shirt. It looks really nice.

"Won't you eat your breakfast, sweetie?"

"Nah, honestly I think I'm too nervous to eat," I say with a small smile.

"You'll be fine," she says, resting a hand on my shoulder. "You're an amazing person, do you know that? Everyone's gonna love you. And if you have any problems, just tell me, okay?"

"Okay mom. Thank you," I say with a smile.

"You're welcome, love you."

"Love you too mom," I say and head out.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
I walk over to the driveway. The car is already parked and waiting for me. Mr Akpan is in the driver's seat.

"Good morning, Mr Akpan," I greet.

"Good morning to you too, Master Jayden," he responds.

I blush a little. "I've told you to just call me Jayden, sir."

"Well, I don't take orders from children. That's the protocol your father instructed us to follow, and I'd like to do so," he says with a small smile.

My mood changes a little, but I don't show it. Instead I say, "That won't stop me from trying."

Mr Akpan chuckles and says, "Let's go, we've got a 20-minute drive ahead of us."

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
I love going on drives. It helps me think, and clear my head. But today, all I can think about is my father, and how my day will possibly turn out. I let out a sigh. Taking out my AirPods, I turn on my phone. After my face is recognized, I open Audiomack.

           ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ: ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs- ʙᴇɴsᴏɴ ʙᴏᴏɴᴇ
           𝟷:𝟶𝟹 ━━━━━⋆───────── 𝟹:𝟺𝟿
             ↺❺        ≪               ||               ≫       ↻❺

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
Mr Akpan parks outside the school gate. "You'll be fine, I believe in you. Your father would be proud of you."

"Thank you, sir." I really needed that. He smiles and drives away. I walk into the school gate. The registration machine scans my fingerprint and records my name along with the time I enter the school.

I look around. I was given a map of the school grounds together with my other school materials. So, I head directly to the SS3 block.

The automatic doors open as I get to the entrance of my class. A blast of cool air, various perfumes, the smell of lavender air freshener and various voices, hits my face.

Everyone turns to look at me.

"Ayy, we have a new guy!"
"Hi!"
"You're hot!"
"Y'all, don't suffocate him!"
"What's your name?"
"Welcome to KISH!"
"I'll lead you to a vacant seat."

I follow one of my classmates and sit at my desk. He identifies himself as Martins, the class rep. Everyone crowds around my table and continues with their barrage of questions.

I am still answering their questions when everyone is temporarily silenced. Wondering what could've caused this, I look around and lock eyes with a female student. Her long, dark brown hair cascades down her shoulders to her waist. Her rosy lips are curved into an 'o' shape as she looks at me. She has a piercing in her right nostril. Long lashes frame her beautiful, onyx eyes. She's beautiful. I'm too shy to maintain eye contact with her. I look away.

Just then, Martins, says in his loud baritone, "Rise and greet."

A short, brown skinned bald man stands in front of the class.

Everyone goes back to their seats and greets the teacher.

"Thank you. Sit, everyone," the teacher says.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
The class goes by uneventfully. I pay full attention and understand all we've been taught. After the class I head to the Principal's office, as I've been told to do in advance.

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
"Jayden Wexford right? You're welcome. I am Mrs Atoba, the school Principal. I've sent for the Head Girl, she will be here soon," she says to me.

A few minutes later, someone knocks. "Come in," the Principal says.

Again, I'm mesmerized by her beauty. It's as if I've forgotten how to breathe. She hasn't noticed my presence, but just then I sneeze. She looks in my direction. When we lock eyes, her cute mouth forms that 'o' shape again.

"This is not good. You're not here to fall! Chai! Which kind problem be this? Pull yourself together!"

➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵, 𝘮𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳. 𝘓𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬  𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵'𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦. 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦. 𝘚𝘦𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳!
𝘏𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘤𝘶𝘱𝘤𝘢𝘬𝘦🧁ヾ(≧▽≦*) [𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘦]