꧁3꧂

Patricia's POV

"Tricia baby, how far naw?" I look up from my phone to see Munachi smiling down at me. I take note of his fair face, chiseled jaw, dark, curly hair and pearly white teeth.

I scoff.

"Munachimso, how many times have I told you not to call me that?"

Munachi is a guy that has liked me ever since we were in JSS 1. It's safe to say he's obsessed with me. I don't blame him, I really don't. But I've known him forever. We were pretty close friends in junior high. When he admitted his feelings in SS1, I was shocked. I viewed him as a brother. I rejected him, but he refuses to get over me.

Ugh, I hate Economics. It's so boring. If not that I'm good at it, I would've dropped it since. This is the only subject that Munachi and I offer mutually, so this is one of the few times a day he gets to talk to me for long.

Completely ignoring my earlier statement, he grabs my arm and asks, "Do you wanna eat lunch with me?"

"Hell no," I say. The last thing I need right now is rumors that we're now a couple.

"In fact, I need to go now."

"Let me come with you then."

"Are you sure you're okay upstairs? Abeg commot for road jor, make I pass," I say and hurriedly pack my books, gadgets and writing materials into my backpack.

I always get uneasy whenever I and Munachi are alone somewhere. The last person just left the class, so that's the situation I find myself in now.

I quickly leave the class without looking back.

"Patricia, you can't escape from me. You're the one I want."

I should probably remind my mom to help me pick up my order from Jumia. She never remembers. I think I'll start paying for home delivery sef.

Where's my phone? Ahn ahn...Okay, don't panic, it's probably in your bag somewhere... I stop in the middle of the hallway to check and I see that it's there. I pull it out and place a call to my mom.

It's ringing, and I'm right in front of the cafeteria waiting for her to pick up the phone when the doors suddenly burst open and a large, hard object bumps into me.

My phone is knocked out of my hand and my backpack falls to floor. I land on my butt, which cushions the fall.

When my head stops spinning a few moments later, I look around and see a guy that looks suspiciously like the large, hard object that made me fall.

I look closer at the retreating figure and realize that it is indeed that guy that made me fall.

"Hey you!" I get up quickly, pick my things up from the floor and chase after him.

"Hey! Wait, you imbecile!

He doesn't slow down and by the time I catch up to him, I'm panting.

"How could you..." He finally stops and turns to face me. I look into his dark eyes and feel a little intimidated, but this doesn't deter me.

"Oliver? So it's you. Are you mad or something? How could you hit me like that, knock over my things and not even be decent enough to say sorry?"

"I could ask you why you were looking down while walking." Oliver replies.

This is true. I was admiring my new shoes.

"The hallway was free until you came out of nowhere!" I retort.

"How was I to know there was a girl, not paying attention, right outside the door?"

"Still. You could've at least said sorry or helped me pick up my things. I'm pretty sure my phone screen is cracked now."

"Why should I say sorry when it's your fault?"

"Wow. You're such an immature *sshole."

"Look at the pot calling the kettle black. You couldn't even be mature enough to look up while walking." He claps back.

"Werey omo ni e sha. You just think you're wise."

"Werey omo lo ma bi."

"Werey omo lo ma fe."

"Werey omo lo ma da."

We are so immersed in our argument that we fail to notice the crowd of students who have gathered around us.

"Senior Patricia is making trouble again abi?

"Oliver should just say sorry and go."

"Omo, boys nowadays ehn...very foolish. Ordinary sorry they cannot say."

"Why was she even looking down while walking? And she'll be acting like a spec up and down."

"What's all this commotion about?! Everyone, back to the cafeteria, now!"

Ugh. When did the Principal get here?? Now we're in trouble. If only this stupid boy would just have said sorry. I don't understand why some people don't have common sense.

"You two, in my office now!"