|𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲|

Shubman was a lanky kid, way too under confident not when it came to playing but definitely when it came to social interaction. He stood there beside Prithvi Shaw like the dutiful vice captain he was, stood there in attention waiting for the words of wisdom they were going to get from their seniors. He was prepared for scoldings, advices, ragging, basically everything in the books however he was not ready to meet him again.

Shubman was shaken to his core when he saw him strutting in and owning the room with his aura, it oozed extrovert and confident. He had not changed even after all these years, he was still the same. Shubman's heart paced as he saw his traitor moving throughout the queue shaking his hands with Prithvi and then moving towards him.

"Hi, I am Ishan Kishan and you are?" His traitor said holding out his hands for a handshake.

So your name is Ishan now? But you will always be my traitor, love Shubman thought his eyes twinkling at the prospect.

"Shubman Gill" He engulfed the small palms offered to him, "We meet again, my love" Shubman said.

"Sorry?" Ishan said taking offense to the term used for him.

"My love and yours for cricket, we all love cricket that is what I meant." Shubman lied as he realised that Ishan did not recognise him.

"Please don't mind him he is not socially adept, but don't take it personally if he is talking that means he definitely has a lot of respect for you." Prithvi said covering for his socially disabled friend.

I just don't like you all, my reason to live is something else afterall. How would you peasants ever understand? Shubman thought, not looking at anyone.

"It's okay, he is cute. I know he means well." Ishan said as he looked up at the tall lanky boy and smiled.

You definitely did not change, my love. Shubman thought.

It was a day to cherish, one he would always remember; he would remember this the same way he had remembered and etched it into his heart the last time they met, last birth.

______

This was a story of times way back, of the times when kingdoms and kings were a thing of great importance. This was a story of a very intelligent man, who planned his death in his own hands.

This was a story of love found and lost in times unknown, but unlike Romeo and Juliet they were left unsung, for there was no Juliet. They were just two Romeo's.

Yusupov was the prince of the old Soviet, in recent times known as Russia one of the most dreadly homophobic nations. It was his fault in a way, but Yusupov was hated by everyone in his country. No one wanted him to take over the throne, for he was a sodomite and he didn't hide it. Yusupov was unapologetic about it.

Yusupov was the illegitimate son of Ilya Tsar Vlasidev, the second. He was the son born out of love, love of the king for a maid. The maid was not even one of higher rankings she was a librarian. The king however had fallen in love with the lowly maid and he had fallen head over heels, that is the only reason he kept Yusupov with him, alive after the queen killed the maid.

Yusupov was kept hidden a dirty secret, someone born out of blasphemy, but his mother had left him letters and those letters where his parenting as he was left caged in the same library his mother worked. He had the anger and hunger for more, the monarchical library was not a thing of fun it was hidden for reasons from the generals and maybe he should not have been left there, for Yusupov read everything there starting from knitting, cooking, sword fighting, horse riding, politics every skill known to man, he mastered all the skills he could. He knew the king was his father, he knew he was served injustice but he never opened his mouth for however stone hearted he made himself he had a part of his mother in him and that part had loved the king with everything she had so he worked as a librarian the same way his mother had.