Palace Party

"And then tonight, the tour will end where?" I clarify, just to make sure.

"The Presidential Palace" says Celene.

So I did know it right. I'm dreading being anywhere near Snow.

"The party of the year. Eyes bright. Chin up. Smile on" she tells me.

"Please. Like I'd need a reminder" I say, pointing out the fact that I've never had a problem with public appearances.

"Now, there'll be photographers. Interviews. Everyone will be here to celebrate you. My Victor." she says, excitedly.

The train stops and we exit the train, making our way to the Palace.

My eyes widen at the intense party decorations.

"Breathe it all in, child. This is all for you" Celene squeals. Beetee chuckles at her.

"Cozy" I joke.

Celene rolls her eyes at me. "Come, come. Come along" she pulls me with her.

As we walk, I grab food off all the trays that people keep shoving in my face.

"Everybody who's anybody is here. And they all want to meet you" she gleams.

"Athena dear! How'd you get ahead of us?" Celene greets the girl on my design team who seemed to already be a few glasses deep.

"Try one of these. They are divine" she slurs at me, pointing to a disgusting looking type of food.

"Thanks, but I think I've just eaten a year's worth of food" I joke to avoid eating it.

"Oh, here" she hands me a glass.

"Uh, sorry, what's this?" I ask.

"It's for when you're full. It makes you sick. So you can go on eating. How else could you taste everything?" she winks at me.

"Umm, I don't really—"

"Hey there, Three" a familiar voice interrupts me.

Johanna Mason.

"We were starting to think you weren't gonna show to your own party" says Finnick, walking up behind her.

"Oh, well I was just offering my little Victor here a drink" says Athena, suddenly hugging me from behind.

I jump a little at the sudden contact but struggle not to laugh at how drunk she is.

Johanna rolls her eyes. "Screw drinks. I think it's time for a dance" she says to me, saving me from the throw up drink.

"Ugh, fine. Ooh, tequila" Athena releases me and then wanders off.

Meanwhile, my eyes wander down to Johanna's incredibly visible chest.

She chuckles. "Eyes up here, Three" she directs me, making me blush.

"And hands here. Clearly you need someone to teach you how to dance" Johanna puts my hands over her shoulders and behind her neck and then places her hands on my waist, ignoring jealous looks from "fans" of mine.

"People are starving in the districts. Here, they're throwing it up to stuff more in" I tell her, still incredulous that the drink existed.

"That girl over there looked like she wanted to stuff something into you" Johanna states, seemingly annoyed.

I chuckle at her, trying to ignore her hands on my waist.

"Trust me, she doesn't. I once accused her and she said she was straight" I laugh.