through the garden gate

Why not?

I texted Walker back a response and he texted me  saying that they would be here in 30 minutes.

I quickly took took a shower and put on a basic top and some Jean shorts.

I had just finished putting on my makeup when I heard a honk outside. I walked across my room and looked out of my blinds to see Leena's Jeep in the driveway.

I quickly grabbed my wallet and put my sneakers on before running downstairs and leaving.

As I walked towards the jeep parked in the driveway, I noticed Leena singing her heart out (probably to Olivia Rodrigo) and Tanner and Walker sitting in the back (passenger princess per usual).

It wasn't until I opened the passenger door that Leena finally saw me.

"Hey guys!" I said while getting into the car.

Leena quickly turned down the radio (that was indeed Olivia Rodrigo).

"Oh hey Juliette!" Leena said, pulling me into a hug.

"Hey Leen!" I said embracing her back.

"Took you long enough." Tanner pouted, getting sassier and sassier like his brother every day.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Greatness takes time!" I replied with a grin.

Walker snorted.

I snapped my head around to face him.

"What was that Mr Scobell?" I questioned him with a smirk.

"Nothing!" he said quickly.

"So, where are we going Leena?" I asked her, changing the topic.

"Actually I need your help for that. As a part time LA local, where's a good place to go?" She asked me.

"Well, The Grove is really fun and has a lot of good stores if you want an actual mall, but the Santa Monica area has a mall too with some good stores as well. It's right next to the pier which has games and stuff, if that's what you wanna do." I told her.

"Hey wait, I've seen those rides before on tiktok! They look so cool!" Tanner interrupted.

"Yeah, that sounds fun." Walker added.

"Alright, it's settled then!" Leena said with a grin before turning the music back up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We arrived after about 20 minutes (which were filled with me and Leena screaming Bruno Mars) and all got out. We decided to go to the mall before the actual pier.

We first went to Sephora, then PacSun, then H&M, then American Eagle, then Aritzia.

By then, the bags were starting to really pile up and the boys were getting bored (and tired from being forced to carry our bags), so we decided to call it a day. After all, Leena and I would probably be back in the next few days.

We stopped got some lunch before putting our bags in the car and heading to the pier. Of course, Tanner insisted on going on the rides first.

We all rode a few small rides like the Ferris wheel and the scrambler before we started to get bored.

"What do you guys wanna do now?" I asked the group as we were walking.

"Can we pleaseeee go on that ride now?" Tanner pointed to the biggest coaster in the park. The first drop alone was giant and super steep. "That's the one I saw on tiktok, that would be so cool if I could actually ride it!" Tanner begged us.