CHAPTER 11| Found.

ELLIOTT'S POV:

ELLIOTT'S POV:

I'M MAD. That probably sounds corny or like a no-surprise kind of thing, but I really am. I'm more determined than ever to find out what the hell my brothers did to Az, because for some weird reason, only now am I noticing that underneath her jokes, she really, really doesn't want to be found. In fact, she wants nothing to do with them, nothing at all. Quite literally reluctant to say their fucking name. They're dead to her, and I need to find out why. I need to find out what happened.

Back then when Nicholas came into my room, I don't know what happened. I don't know why I just― exploded. It's not like me to do something like that, and especially to Nicholas. Of course, I have plans to apologize later on, but right now I need to calm the fuck down before the next thing I'm doing is committing manslaughter. 

She had asked me to do everything in my power to delay them tracking her down, and to stall as much as I possibly can. So, that's why I'm here, looking for pictures of when we were younger to.. I guess charm them with my inhumane cuteness.

"Aha!" I smile, relaxing. "There you are," almost instantly, I'm looking for my younger self in the pictures. "Awww," I coo. "I'm fucking adorable!" They'll immediately swoon when they see me.

With a content smile on my face, reasons why admiration and cuteness exist in my hands, confidence in me, I stroll out my room, casually and slightly excited. Nothing can go wrong. I mean, it's just a bunch of pictures, right?

"Hey Eli," I nod with a smile. He looks panicked and slightly excited or scared. I don't know, I've never been good at reading emotions or situations. Most times, I'm happy when I shouldn't be, sad when I shouldn't be. He doesn't even acknowledge me. How rude. I narrow my eyes at him and stick my tongue out at his back.

With a huff, I turn back around and continue to make my way to the living room, where I think all of them will be. I mean, that was the direction Elijah was coming from so..

There's this weird, underlying bad gut feeling about all of this. The house is so weirdly.. quiet. I mean, since Azalea left, this estate has been pretty quiet, but this time, it's like pin drop quiet. Aidan isn't blasting music, Nicholas isn't fighting with anyone and Elijah is weirdly panicked. Well, maybe panicked, but the point is, he's never panicked, irrational and rarely impolite. He'd always say hi to me, and he's the 'responsible' and 'thoughtful' brother. So him being.. panicked is pretty rare. Considering the only other times I've seen him as panicked as I just did was when Azalea was declared 'missing' and when dad was hanging from the roof of his office, so um.. this might be pretty big. Sorry, must be pretty big.

Finally, I reach my destination, a living room that I'd imagined to be full with 4 or 3 faces is empty. No one is here, which is a surprise. They're usually always in here, either in awkward silence or talking about times when mum and dad were here, (Azalea is never mentioned in these conversations. Why? None of them had accepted her 'death') which oddly enough, Giovanni never engages in. Him and dad were like.. inseparable. That reminds me, he didn't even cry at his funeral. Didn't care for the most part, not as much as he cared about Azalea's death. And even then, I think he only cared because he now had the pressure of the third best mafia weighing him down.