CHAPTER 17| Tracking.

TW: Subtle mentions of violence

ELIJAH'S POV:

"IT COULD'VE BEEN worse. Plus, it happened days ago, why do you guys still insist on bringing it up?" Giovanni questions, rolling his eyes whilst leaning back into the couch. He can try hide his hurt from everyone and be successful, but for me, I'll always be able to see right through him. I know damn well he's just as upset as we all are about Azalea's reaction towards seeing us.

Not to be.. over-confident or anything, but her expression and answers definitely was not what we were expecting. I speak for everyone with that. If anything, she was excited to leave and not at all happy with us. The only person that she looked like she could manage being in the same room with was Elliott. And them coming together? That still hasn't been properly explained. We may've been able to hide our complete shock and confusion then, but that definitely did not last. As soon as we heard the front door close, All of our jaws were suddenly on the ground. (except Giovanni, of course.)

"No sweetie, that's where you're wrong. It couldn't have been worse because that's the worst it fucking gets!" Aidan sarcastically remarks, trying to show his point even more by flapping his arms around. Nicholas nods in agreement. Exaggerating it a lot. Okay, maybe not that much.

"Right? I mean, who walks into a house that contains their brothers— the same ones she hasn't seen in 3 whole, long years and give them dirty/unbothered looks first thing? Isn't that just wild?" Nicholas' eyes widen, and as much as I'd like to defend Azalea right now, it is true. I mean, it was a bit shocking that she didn't seem to give a singular shit when she walked in here. 

"I know! And oh my God, did you fucking hear Elliott when he said she was 'smacking lip' with 'Mat?' I swear deep down, I was about to fucking track 'Mat's' sorry ass in. He better have been joking, because absolutely nobody deserves Azalea. She's too good for all these fuckers. And, who's Mat anyway? I want to have a long, long chat with him." Nicholas seethes, and somehow this subject effects Giovanni too by the clench in his jaw and the fact he's balled his fists. 

"Maybe they were jokin—" I try to change the subject, discreetly attempting to calm Giovanni down a tad bit until I'm rudely cut off by Aidan's entitled ass.

"They were re-living the fuck-ing memory, Elijah. Hate to be the one to say it, but they were not joking." He sighs, clasping his hands together and shaking his head in faux disappointment. I shoot him an unimpressed look. "What? It's true?"

"Okay, since we're on the subject, can we just talk about the face Elliott and Azalea came together? Like, same car and everything. Them two, together?" Nicholas' eyes furrow as he uses hand gestures to empathize his point, as Aidan did. 

"Literally! Can someone please tell me when the fuck they got so cozy? I mean, she goes from hating us, like no-kidding despising us, looking at us with absolute disgust and fury and maybe even fucking.. I don't know, like she wants to kill us all individually then with Elliott it's all love, humor, care, not a single bad thought in store for him, happiness and.. knowing-ness.! Is there something we're missing here? Cause to me it feels like it's something deeper than her just 'bumping into Elliott walking on the sidewalk'— and he never walks, he's always looking for a way to flex his cars— like Elliott told us." Aidan agrees, giving his input to which I nod to in agreement.