CHAPTER 20| Dinner.

AZALEA'S POV:

AZALEA'S POV:

"I'M BORED," Juliette sighs dramatically, spreading her limbs all over my bed. I glare at her from my position on the ground.

"I'd rather be bored than go to fucking dinner with two.." I drag, thinking of an appropriate name for Nicholas and Aidan.

"Two..?"

"Two.. mentally unstable Italians." I decide, slight proudness in my voice.

"Mentally unstable? Don't you think that's a bit on an exaggeration?" She asks, unimpressed. I give her an 'are you serious?' look.

"If anything, it's an under-exaggeration. They're deranged, fucking psycho— and very protective. Like, too protective." If anything, she looks more unimpressed at my very-accurate description of the two. "But if you think they're bad, you just wait.."

"Now you're just being dramatic. Come on, we need to get you out of the house very soon," she rolls her eyes, to which I mirror at her ignorance. She doesn't get how fucking mental they are.

Fucking Elliott man. Stupid twat decides to drag me down with his fucking mess because somehow he 'accidentally' agreed to go to dinner with the two.. catch up or something; somehow my name got involved and now I'm being forced to go. Of course, I said no like over a-thousand times, but somehow he has dirt on me to tell Damari. Right now, it's not in my books nor dotted on my schedule to have Damari lecture me for hours on end. And plus, you do not want to get in trouble with Dami, he acts like your fucking dad or something. And the blackmail is pretty bad too..

So, involuntarily, I agreed and now we're here. Elliott did promise me I can do my work, respond to my emails and stuff like that at the dinner, just discreetly. Discreetly so I didn't come off as disrespectful or whatever. Quite frankly, I do not give a singular shit as to what I 'come off as' and the only reason I'm not sitting through a multiple-hour-long-lecture right now is because Nicholas and Aidan are slightly manageable. Less ignorant, and closer to my brother than the others. 

My gaze shifts from the wall ahead of me to my best friend's impatient face. "Listen, J, I know you're trying to help and you love helping people― since you have the best style or whatever," her expression almost instantly changes from slight excitement to complete disappointment. It's almost like she can sense the 'but' in this sentence. "but,"

"There it is," she rolls her eyes. I can tell she'd meant it in a joking way, but I can the disappointment from miles away.

"―I really don't want to dress up for this. I've already determined that it's nothing fancy and if anything, the quicker I get ready and there, the sooner I have an excuse to leave. They're not worth using your skills on." There's something missing from my tone when I say that. She opens her mouth to talk, and I can only hope she's not that mad at me.

I almost, very nearly flinch when I hear her voice. I expected her to be angry, yelling at me or telling me anything other than, "That's fine, Az. I'll just choose your fit next time," with an angelic smile on her face and the softest tone known to man-kind. She offers me a grin, to which I return a slightly surprised smile back. To be honest, I don't know why I expected her to be mad. She's like, incapable of becoming mad.