Day Care

As soon as the school day was over Isaac walked towards his car, intent on going to the daycare and picking up his son.

He didn't want to be away from him longer than he already has been.

Though he was stopped by the tingling in his magic.

He felt a pair of eyes on him as he opened the door of his car.

He turned around and saw his soulmate standing by her ride and she sent him a small smile, Isaac sent one back before getting into his car and buckling up.

You could never be too safe, now can you?

He peeled out of the school's parking lot and gunned it down the road in hopes of getting to the day care sooner.

Once he reached the day care he opened up his door and got out.

He closed the door behind him as he quickly walked towards the door to the day care and opened it.

Once he was inside he politely said a hello to the receptionist and then walked to his son's day care room.

Upon reaching room 103, he quickly walked in seeing other parents inside as well.

Most of them were on the younger side, but there were a few older couples in the room, none older than 40.

Most in their early to mid twenties.

Of course he seemed to be the youngest parent there, which was unusual for him to see.

He knew Bill and Fleur just had a baby and they were pretty young, he also knew that one of his good friends Daphne Greengrass just got pregnant and she was about to turn 18.

She got married to her longtime soulmate Tracy Davis and they were happily welcoming a pair of twins into the world.

So seeing people look at him funny was new to him.

Once Mrs. Oakley saw him though, she smiled and made her way over towards him.

"Ah! Mr. Black, I wasn't expecting you for a few more minutes, school just let out after all." Mrs. Oakley said.

"What can I say, I just wanted to see my son, we've never been apart for more than 9 hours before and so I knew he'd start to get cranky if I hadn't come to get him as soon as school was over." Isaac said with a small smile filled with fondness for his boy.

Mrs. Oakley was actually surprised to see it.

After all, Isaac was a seventeen year old boy who's only real worry should be his everyday school drama.

You never really saw such a mature young man around here willing to take care of their children if they had them so young.

"Oh, may I ask about his mother? Will she be around here to pick young Teddy up every once in awhile?" Mrs. Oakley asked, trying to get a feel for this weird situation.

Did the mother leave the baby with the father because she couldn't handle the responsibility of someone so young, assuming the girl was around the same age as Mr. Black of course?

Did the mother want to put the boy up for adoption but Mr. Black didn't want his son not knowing him?

Was she in the picture and she just hadn't met her yet?

"No, no she passed away a month ago." Isaac said, sadness practically radiating off of his body.

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss." Mrs. Oakley said with a sad frown on her face.

She hadn't expected that.

"Yeah, it's been hard, especially on Teddy, she loved him with her whole being, and Teddy loved her as well, but we're working through it." Isaac replied.