Chapter 2: Vale

[Y/N POV]

I woke up in a daze. I felt a warmth on my back, as I came to. I had to wrench my eyes open, the sleepiness still trying to take me back to unconsciousness. I tried to move but felt a pair of arms pull me slightly closer. I looked behind myself as much as I could and saw Blake snuggled against me, still fast asleep. I moved a bit more and she stirred. It was a few moments before she blinked her eyes and looked at me. A huge blush reached her face and shot out of bed, apologizing.

"I'm so so sorry!!" She stammered. "I thought- I- I can't-"

I held up a hand and shushed her.

"It's fine, it was a mistake." I said. She calmed down and nodded, her blush still on her face. I grabbed the blanket from the top of the bed and wrapped myself in it, tying it as best I could to look like a toga. It somewhat worked. By now, Blake's blush was gone and she nodded at me as I finished. "You ready?" I asked.

"As ready as I can be." Blake responded. "Look Y/N I'm really sorry I didn't mean to do that, I was just having a dream and-"

"It's fine Blake, honestly." I said. She nodded in response and checked her weapon. She led the way as we left the dank basement. We saw the main part of the cabin was overturned. Blankets thrown around, glass broken, and furniture destroyed. Adam did a number on the small building. I felt a small bit of fear rise from Blake as we moved forward. We exited the building, the sun barely rising over behind us. Early spring started, making the morning very cold. I shivered under my toga as we moved through the forest of Forever Fall.

A full day of travel, nothing much happened, we checked over our shoulders every once in a while, stopped for a small bit of time, and continued on. We caught a small glimpse of Beacon at the top of a hill, but we quickly moved past on, not able to take in any details. Finally we reached Vale a few hours before sunset.

"Stay here, I can do our plan, okay?" Blake asked. I nodded, stepped off the road and into a bush as Blake moved towards the city gates.

The gates were massive, had to be at least fifty, maybe seventy feet high, and I have no idea how thick. I sat there for a while, waiting. I pulled grass out of the ground, threw it in the breeze, watched bugs pass by, and watched the town guard outside of the city gates yawn, almost fall asleep, and play rock, paper, scissors. The sun was setting and I was enjoying the purples and oranges the shot over the wall as I saw Blake approach where we were previously standing. I stood up and walked over to her. She held a bag in her hand, which I only assumed were clothes.

"Here, try these on." Blake said, looking around a little warily. I grabbed the bag, moved behind the bush, and threw my blanket onto the ground. I put on a simple pair of underwear, socks, jeans, combat boots, a white t-shirt, and a black jacket. I stretched in the clothes, trying to break them in a bit, and smiled. I moved towards Blake and saw the inspiration.

"I look like-" I was cut off before I could speaks.

"Me, I know." Blake said, blushing. "I'm not super fashionable. Come on, we have to hurry. I missed my appointment with Professor Ozpin and he just messaged me and told me he's at the police precinct."

"Alright, let's go then. Lead the way." I said, putting my hand out in front of me. I followed Blake as we moved towards the gates. The guards put their hands up and waved us forward.

"Where ya from?" The guards asked.

"My friend and I are from Mistral." Blake lied.

"And why didn't your friend just enter with you before?" The guard asked, looking us over a bit.

"We were attacked by Grimm, I was able to defend us from them, but.. he lost his clothes. I needed to get him more before entering, you know how it is." Blake tried to plea with the guards, still lying.