Chapter 3: Beacon

[Y/N POV]

The next two weeks passed in somewhat of a strange blur. Blake and I jumped from hotel to hotel every few nights, at complete random times and in random patterns. Blake funded everything, seeing as I had no skill in the art of pickpocketing, and wasn't going to be getting a job any time soon. When she was gone, and I was left alone in the hotel room, I would play with my powers a bit. Still unable to activate my Aura, I was able to transform different parts of my body to my grimm form, and back, although, it left me extremely hungry. I also found out I like raw meat, although before the experiments, I only liked properly cooked meats. (To the readers preference).

Finally, after what felt like eternity, the two weeks ended and we made our way onto the airship towards Beacon Academy. Blake sat in the back of the airship, hiding in plain sight, as I walked around, enjoying the view. A news broadcast was on a holo screen but I ignored it, looking at Vale from above. Who knew a city could be so large. So many people living so densely.

"Ooh, I can't believe my baby sister's going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!!" A blonde girl spoke very loudly. I looked over and saw the same girl I saw exiting the police precinct the night I was invited to Beacon, being crushed in a hug by the loud blonde.

"Pleashshtop" The smaller girl spoke, barely being able to let air out of her lungs.

"But I'm so proud of you!" The blonde said, letting go of her sister.

"Really, sis, it was nothing." The small girl responded. Now that I got a better look at her, she seemed a bit young to be going to a school for monster hunters.

"What do you mean? It was incredible!" The blonde was ecstatic about something. I couldn't help but listen into the conversation, positioning myself as if to look out the window close to them. "Everyone at Beacon is gonna think you're the bee's knees!"

"I don't wanna be the bee's knees, I don't wanna be any kind of knees, okay? I just wanna be a normal girl with normal knees." The redhead looked down at her feet a little timidly.

"What's with you, aren't you excited?" The blonde asked.

"Of course I'm excited! It's just.. I got moved ahead two years." The young girl said.

'Bingo.' I thought.

"I don't want people to think I'm special or anything." She finished her thought. This is when I decided to butt into the conversation.

"Things could be worse, you know." I said, walking forward. "You could have no combat experience, be super underweight, and not have your aura activated." I counted out my problems as I walked forward.

"That's a lot of problems there, uh..." The blonde spoke.

"Y/N." I said simply.

"Only a first name?" She asked.

"My last name is unimportant." I waved my hand dismissively. The blonde raised an eyebrow at this and was about to ask a question but was cut off by her sister.

"Ahem." The smaller girl started. "I'm Ruby Rose."

"Good to meet you Ruby-" I was cut off.

"And I'm Yang Xiao Long. But we could make that end with your last name if you wanted" Yang winked at me as she inched a little closer to me.

"I uh.." I blushed as I started to get flirted with. "You're not too bad yourself?" I asked, rubbing the back of my head. Yang's face dropped comically.

"This one's right up your alley sis." Yang said, pushing Ruby forward. Ruby had her toes up and heels keeping her from being pushed forward, but was unable to stop her sister from moving her closer to me.