Forgiveness

Millie entered the house and paused at the door. "He's not here, you don't have to be afraid to come in." she smiled as Howie entered the house behind her. "He doesn't spend much time here anymore."

Howie grinned "Right, I saw him at the restaurant with a brunette." He looked around the familiar house, the last time he had been there, it had all been such a blur. He looked over the pictures, "Did you ever work out anything with your mom?" he shouted towards the kitchen as he stared at a family photo, the only one with the whole family.

"No...I haven't talked to her ever since she got married and quite frankly I'm happy about it." she said rounding the corner into the living room, almost bumping into Howie. "Here you go...it's so cold" she said, handing him a cup of coffee. "My dad left a message, he's not coming home tonight. He's working double shift." she sipped on her coffee as she looked up at Howie.

He leaned against the kitchen door frame, sipping on his coffee, but his eyes glued on Millie. "You look tired." he stated, running his hand down her cheek.

She shrugged "I think I'm getting an earache and I feel sick to my stomach. Plus I've had lots of things to worry about..."

Howie smiled, feeling on her forehead for a temperature "Like?"

"Like, my father getting a new girlfriend, adjusting to being alone in the house most nights, Elijah being adopted and especially you never coming back..." she took his cup and placed them on the counter, while he stood in place watching her. She walked back to him and shivered, pulling her sweater tighter around herself.

Without warning he pulled her against him and he wrapped his arms around her as she let out a yawn. "You should really get some sleep Millie" he insisted "Come on, then I'll head home." he walked her down the hallway and into her room.

She entered, rummaged through her drawers and grabbed some pajamas "Be right back" she said as he nodded, sitting on the bed. She entered the bathroom taking a deep breath, she couldn't believe that she was so nervous. Quickly she changed into a pink tank top and a pair of shorts, then ran a brush through her hair.

Howie laid against the headboard, his head had started throbbing since the encounter earlier, only now it was full blast. His eyes began to close slowly, he couldn't understand the sudden exhaustion that had taken over his body. He shifted, getting comfortable and felt himself slowly doze off.

Millie smiled as she entered the room to find Howie fast asleep, she bent down to remove his shoes and threw the blanket over him. She turned off the light and carefully crept onto the bed and under the covers. Just as she turned to face him, his eyes fluttered open "Hey...I should be going." he mumbled groggily, staring at the ceiling.

She stared at him and shook her head "It's ok...you can stay if you want. I don't mind."

He sighed sitting back up against the headboard, the pounding was still in effect, and he felt his eyes might pop out of their sockets. Slowly he rubbed his temples and groaned.

"Are you alright?" Millie sat up.

"Uh...not really I have had this really bad headache from earlier and it won't go away" he continued to rub on his temples.

"Aw I know how to make it better" she giggled leaning towards him, he closed his eyes and felt her mouth against his. His hands instantly wrapped around her waist and she leaned her body against his.

He chuckled "This sounds familiar..." he voiced against her lips as he rolled onto her, laying in between her legs. They parted and he stared down at her, caressing her hair "I missed you so much, even though I...well...you know." he shrugged his shoulders "I always thought about you."