Chapter 42: The "revelation scene"

[Mocha Tsukiyo POV]

'Even though I'm keeping a close watch on him like this, I still can't get a grasp on what type of male lead Yukiya-kun could possibly be. But, I think I'm starting to understand.'

What I have gathered so far is that. In the past, he didn't get along with people, but then came back with a totally different look after the summer break.

Yesterday also, he's acting so different compared to before. Yesterday he seemed very distant to people, but now he's suddenly acting friendly with everyone.

'And now, I just saw him voluntarily cleaning the trash he encounters, helping people secretly in the most casual way.'

'Thinking about it now, maybe Yukiya-kun's just a really kind character, but doesn't really know how to show it.'

I suspected, starting to see him belonging in the cold but is a secretly kind male lead category.

'and is secretly super rich?'

I thought back to myself, still in disbelief he nonchalantly gave away a full 10,000 yen just now.

'But still, there's just some things that aren't adding up.'

Earlier this morning, those seemed to be what looked like love letters I saw overflowing from his shoe locker. Does that mean he's aware that he's popular? So much so that he got tired of it, judging by his unfazed reaction?

Did he intentionally act like a trouble maker to push people away? But why did he stop doing it now? The more I think about it, the more mysterious and vague it only gets.

Let's just keep observing him some more until I get a breakthrough.

I continued to secretly follow him from behind, hoping to find some clues of his true nature.

Walking some more, and more, before I knew it, we had already reached the old abandoned building.

Where is he going? The further we get the quieter the environment becomes.

The silent surroundings, the unmaintained classrooms coated in dust, something about this seems very suspicious.

His footsteps become louder and louder, while mine becomes more cautious and discreet as the halls become more silent.

...Maybe he got tired of all the human interactions? That's why he wanted to rest somewhere quiet?

As a loner myself I kinda understand. I mean, he even pouted earlier clearly showing his displeasure, as though he ran out of social battery midway through.

As I secretly tailed him from a distance, walking through these echoing halls with each footsteps, he suddenly came to a stop, standing in front of a certain classroom.

Discreet looking from side to side, as though checking his surroundings, his gaze turned to my direction which I quickly hid myself from his sight.

After confirming the coast is clear, he casually entered a room, which is a seemingly old abandoned classroom.

'That was close! I almost got caught... What is he planning to do there? It's, suspicious...'

I wondered, seeing him casually entering a room as though it wasn't his first time doing so. I found it suspicious because we are technically not even supposed to be here, so then why?

My curiousity grew bigger and bigger as to why Yukiya-kun is here.

For some reason, I could hear screeching sounds coming from inside of the room.

I tried to get closer, pressing my ear on the door in hopes to figure out whatever he's doing clearer. However, all of a sudden, everything went silent.

"It went silent all of a sudden."

I silently mumbled to myself, trying to figure out what it means.

As I motionlessly pressed my ear against the door, a voice suddenly spoke.

"I already know you are there, show yourself."

A voice of a boy in deep tone reached my ear.

'Did he figure out I was following him!?'

I panicked, concerned about being caused of being a stalker.

'What should I do?! He might assume I'm staking him or somthing. Well I did, but it's different! I don't want to be branded as a creepy girl stalker!!'

I tried calming myself down and took the time to gather my thoughts.

'Okay first, let's think of an excuse... Maybe if I act calm enough, I could just play it off as a coincidence I got here.'

'Alright, that's it. Let's just play it cool~'

With my resolve, I opened the door, accidentally slamming it open from total nervousness. I then proceeded to walk inside the most casual way I could, but ended up walking so stiff as though I was a robot.

[So much for playing it cool.]

Proceeding to walk inside, it was quite. It was quite dim but not to the point I can't see. Lights leaking through the dusty windows, and the afternoon breeze that blew on the curtains. It felt as though I stepped into another world, where only I exist in this silent room.

But, where is the person I thought was gonna interogate me?

I then felt a sudden pressure.

I slowly turned my head, there I saw a stack of desk at the other end of the room. At the top of the platform of desk, a sofa rest on the top.

My eyes naturally trailer to the top. There I saw a certain person resting, with one leg on top of the other, as though looking down on me as he arrogantly rested his head on his arm.

The certain boy then opened his mouth, telling me with a deep and intimidating tone,

"So tell me, girl named Mocha Tsukiyo. Which is it that you seek?"

He said with a devil's grin, asking me to state my business.

'Is he confronting me why I was following him? H, he's pressuring me to state my business...'

I sweat nervously, not wanting to be mistaken as a creepy stalker.

'No, wait. This sudden change in atmosphere,'

He's acting differently again, as though he lost all restraints and stopped pretending altogether.

'If I'm not wrong. Then this is,'

The boy is now about to execute what he's been building up since earlier.

'Yes. This is,'

"The Shadow Hero / Hidden Personality revelation scene!!"

Next Chapter: "Do you seek power?"