Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The Waiting Game

The chilly air was dwindling over his face. Levi stared at his phone awaiting for her to send a message again.

But it's been two days, and she hadn't sent him anything yet.

Or should I send something? Is it my turn?

He tried to type in the word 'hi', but the next words that followed were asking her how she's doing and it sounded so generic he decided to erase everything he has written.

The message bar was as blank as his mind and the blinking cursor wasn't helping at all.

Levi decided to lock his phone so he could come up with something better. Something that doesn't seem like she was preying his mind for days. Something that doesn't sound over rehearsed. Something that would guarantee a reply. Something . . .

She's so pretty, a part of his mind trailed off.

Napasuklay siya sa buhok niya saka binuksan ulit ang cellphone.

Her picture was the first thing that popped out when he opened their message thread again.

And . . . she's pretty. Her hair was fixed in a half-updo and a loose braid. And maybe, the wavy ends of her hair had something to do with it, too. Wala naman siyang alam sa buhok.

But her hairstyle suits her well, it framed her face so perfectly. Her chinky eyes were sparkling, it was smiling along with her lips.

Her lips, looking so pink and plump, and the dimple on each side of her cheek were showing so effortlessly. It complemented her soft smile in a delicate manner.

Chandria looked like an intricate piece of art in every curve, in every stroke, in every space, and silhouette. It's like everything about her was well considered.

Her smile was angelic, but she carries herself with a silent scream of command.

Soft yet firm.

She was paradoxical.

And to him, it was ironic that he couldn't describe and compare her to anything he knew.

The only thing his mind found so perplexing and indefinite were some paintings, sculptures, films, and poetry—it was those things that kept him curious and intrigued . . . just the way she does.

And there was a new category on his mental catalogue with the name Chandria.

Napailing-iling si Levi.

There he goes again. He's thinking about her again.

He doesn't even know why, but he couldn't keep her off of his mind.

It started that night.

Ni hindi nga rin sana siya pupunta noon sa bar. But it was a welcome home party for one of his best friends who lived overseas for a decade, and he couldn't miss it.

"Sama ka na! Hanap ka na rin namin ng jowa do'n para dual purpose," Trey, his college best friend, said to convince him.

Nangiti siya't umiling. "'Yan na naman kayo."

"Why? Thirty-three ka na, nasa marrying age ka na rin. Kailangan na namin ng pamangkin galing sa 'yo para dagdag playmate ni Tristan," said Angie, Trey's wife.

"Sinubukan na natin dati, 'di ba? Dating apps, blind dates, mga reto n'yo, pero no luck."

"O kaya nga susubukan natin sa bar ngayon. Malay mo nando'n s'werte mo ngayon?" sabi ni Trey.