T W E L V E

Tony is true to his word, he knocks on my door at 9AM.  I'm dressed in my favorite cardigan and leggings, I wanted to look put together without looking like I was trying.  I shout for him to come in while I try to get my TV to work.  None of my streaming sites have been working all morning.

"The romance is already dead, I see," he calls as he jogs down the stairs.

"Sorry, I can't get the TV to work," I tell him, smacking the remote against my hand in frustration.  I know this won't fix anything, but I don't know what else to do.

"Noah's TV is working and he said he would be gone most of the day," Tony suggests, and I wonder absently what Noah does when he's gone all day.  I nod at him and follow him into Noah's house.  I hadn't been in here since he kissed me and kicked me out and I feel stupid for wondering anything about him at all.

When Tony turns on the TV it is, in fact, working.  Tony turns on a show, something I think I've seen before, so I'm only half paying attention.  I can feel Tony's body completely flush against my side.  It's distracting.  Tony slips his arm around my shoulder and I sink into him, thinking about how normal it is, and trying not to remember he would be leaving at the end of the week.

Tony runs his fingers up and down my arm in a hypnotizing rhythm and I lose all interest in the TV.  I just want him to touch me.  I look up at him from under my eyelashes, staring intently at his mouth, willing him to kiss me.  He pointedly ignores me.

"You're missing the good stuff," he grins, glancing at me out of the corner of his eye.

I don't wait for him to make the move, I grasp the back of his neck and pull him to me, crashing my lips against his.  It's messy and our teeth clack, but he tastes like sweet mint and I can't get enough.  His hands are everywhere, in my hair, on my back, on my ribs.  His teeth nip at my jaw as he pushes my cardigan off my shoulders.

Tony pulls me into his lap, his hands slip under my tank as he kisses between my cleavage.  My hands pull at his hair and I gasp for air while he explores my body.  My skin prickles with goosebumps everywhere he touches me.  I press further into him, trying to create friction between us.

"What's going on here?" I hear Noah's voice behind me.  I had been so wrapped up in Tony I hadn't heard the door open.  Tony and I break apart like we've been doused with cold water.  Noah's voice is cold water on my senses.  Noah's voice had been joking, but as I peel myself off of Tony's lap I can see the look on his face is anything but playful.

"I, uh," I stammer, "my fucking TV wasn't working."  I desperately look around for my cardigan but I have no idea where Tony threw it.  Noah picks it up on the end of his long finger and stretches it out to me.  I snatch the cardigan from him and shrug it on.  I don't dare look him in the eye.

"Hey man, I thought you'd be out for a while," Tony says easily, and I can tell he doesn't see how dark Noah's eyes are.

"I'm gonna go," I say running out of the front door and into my own small part of the house. I was incredibly embarrassed.  I knew there wasn't anything wrong with what we were doing, we weren't going to have sex on Noah's couch, but I hated being caught like that.

What was even more confusing was the way Noah reacted to it.  He seemed mad.  Why would he be mad, we weren't actually fucking on his couch?

My phone chimes with a text, I feel like a teenager again.

I chuckle to myself before replying same.

Noah and I are going out for drinks later. Come?
Please 🙏