Chapter 7 - 3rd day of recovery

It was a lovely hot day in Pontypandy with the hot sun in the sky, making everyone want to spend their day doing water activities like swimming, water skiing and getting a tan.

Sam fluttered his eyes open to the bright, summer glow on his face as they had forgotten to shut the curtains and he rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes, before turning around to stare at his sleeping crush.

There she was sleeping so deeply with the sun shining on her, making her skin glow and look even more radiant than usual in her lingerie as he beamed at her, imagining what her pink lips would taste like or feel like against his.

"Oh my darling! If only I could tell you how much I love you, despite them nasty cuts your father had created on your back, I still and always will love you. You stole my heart from the very first day I saw how brave, confident and caring you are and that you, Penny Morris are the woman of my dreams!", he declared his feelings for her to himself.

A few seconds later, Penny let out a big yawn as she sat up and rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes, before looking at her friend, who was sitting next to her.

"Morning Samuel!", she greeted curtly, "Morning Pen! How are you feeling today?", he questioned sympathetically.

"I'm feeling a bit, achoo, better, but I've still got the sniffles, cough, but I'm healing well. How are you?", the blonde woman asked kindly, "I'm good!", he replied.

The red haired man then got out of bed and walked around to the otherside, "how about we get some breakfast to eat? And I promise to make you something other than soup as your starting to feel slightly better!", he suggested with a smile as he helped her out of bed and to her feet.

"To be honest, I liked eating the difference variety of soups you would cook me, but I'm in the mood for some cereal today!", the brown eyed woman glanced into his sky blue eyes.

The two firefighters walked downstairs on their underwear and the female firefighter relaxed on the sofa as she still needed to rest and take things easy in order to make a full recovery.

While she was relaxing, the male firefighter washed his hands and started cooking muesli for the both of them, making sure to put lots of fruits inside to give his crush the vitamins and minerals her body needs.

Once he had finished cooking, he took the two bowls inside the living room and sat next to the poorly woman as they both filled their spoons and held it to their mouths to start eating.

"So, since your feeling a bit better, would you like to have a ballroom dance with me?", the lead firefighter questioned shyly, while they were both eating breakfast.

"What? Like how we taught, cough, Station Officer Steele to dance in the firestation?", the second lead firefighter questioned curiously as she swallowed her muesli.

"Yes, but only if you're up for it?", he spoke cautiously, not wanting her to force herself into doing anything too quickly or made her feel uncomfortable as she was still recovering from a fever that took a massive toll on her.

"I would love to, but can we go for a walk first, because I've been, achoo, cooped up for a few days and I would really like to enjoy the fresh summer air outside!", she expressed her mood to her crush and he instantaneously agreed.

Once they had finished eating their cereal, Penny went upstairs to get dressed into a comfy, baggy t-shirt and jeans, while her secret lover, who she had a soft spot for insisted on washing the dishes as he didn't want her to wear herself out.

When she had returned back downstairs, Sam had already finished washing the two bowls that were now stored in the top cupboard on the right and he headed upstairs to get dressed as well.