Chapter 18 - Making memories

It was a calm night with everyone in the firefighters house fast asleep, until they were woken up at five o'clock in the morning by a loud crying in their room.

"I'll go for her Samuel!", Penny told her partner, "ok, but I'll stay awake just like you do for me when your not working the night shift!", he passionately kissed her forehead as they both sat up in bed.

The blonde woman stood up and lifted Sofia out of her crib to then sit back down on the bed, "hello sweetie! What's the matter pumpkin?", she cooed as Sam got up to sit next to her.

She then grabbed the bottle full of breast milk from the bottle warmer and checked the temperature on her wrist, before putting it in her mouth to feed their daughter the food she has been crying for.

Once their princess had managed to finish the bottle, her mum placed her on her shoulder to rub and pat her back, until a burp escaped her small belly.

"Looks like our baby was really hungry!", the second lead firefighter nuzzled her nose into her stomach, that was covered by her clothes and blanket.

"I think she must've loved the milk too much and has left a surprise in her padded covering for you!", the red haired man teased as he kissed both of his girls.

His lover then escalated down to her crotch and took a big sniff, before turning her face, "oh God! You've done a massive stinker!", she held her nose to stop breathing in the nasty smell.

"Well, our precious pearl isn't going to clean herself, sweetheart!", the lead firefighter gave her the changing bag full of cleaning supplies.

She opened the newborns blanket and undid the buttons on her romper, gasping with a big smile from ear to ear at her semi naked body, "awww, look darling! Our baby girls umbilical stump has fallen off, which means she can have her very first bath!", the older woman bursted with excitement as she tightly hugged her partner.

"THAT'S AMAZING!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER ENJOYING HER FIRST SOAK IN THE WATER, but first let's get her bottom cleaned up, honey!", Sam reminded her as he too was extremely proud of this milestone.

Penny then opened the tapes on precious pearls diaper and held her ankles together in the air as she wiped the mess off her smooth skin from front to back, before taping a fresh diaper around her bum and dressing her back into her romper.

"There we go, now you're as fresh as rose!", the loving couple said in unison as they kissed the newborns cheeks, before patting her tushie to mimick the heartbeat that she heard in the womb to get to her to fall back to sleep.

Once her eyes had started becoming heavy, Sofia drifted off to sleep and was placed inside her cot, while her parents shared a short kiss on the lips and drifted off to sleep as well.

The morning came quickly and the loving couple yawned in sync as they woke up together, facing each other and loosing themselves into their mesmerising pupils as they shared a passionate kiss on the lips.

"Come on, babe! We got to get breakfast ready and give our little girl her first bath, before the Pontypandy fun run today!", Penny acknowledged as she parted her lips.

"Ok then let's hurry up, because I'm so excited!", her partner squealed uncontrollably, but was instantly silenced with a finger on his lip as their baby girl was still sleeping.

The loving couple got out of bed and quickly took a shower together, before Sam got dressed into jeans and a t-shirt and his significant other got dressed into her overalls.

When they had finished getting dressed, Sofia woke up crying, so the blonde woman lifted her out of her crib and sat on the rim of the double bed, feeding her a bottle of breast milk, while her lover was downstairs cooking breakfast.