3 | Earth + Luna - "Stargazing"

(A/N: This is STRICTLY platonic and familial for obvious reasons, please do not ship them... I'm really not much of a writer, so bear with me here.)
--
Footsteps echoed throughout the starry abyss as Luna followed Earth's orbit. Earth suddenly came to a halt abruptly, making Luna stop in his tracks next to him. The other gently nudged his moon, motioning towards the infinite dark space. Distant stars twinkled far ahead of them. Luna's gaze ascended beyond the familiar constellations, diving into the farther unknown of the Milky Way. A river of stardust painted the sky, weaving intricate patterns that mirrored the galaxies in the vastness of space.

Luna felt a profound connection to the view of the stars, as if the heartbeat of the universe itself resonated in the silence of this moment. To think that there were so many other planets, stars, galaxies in the outer realm of their own solar system was both comforting and eerie. "You wanted to go stargazing?" the moon finally asked softly, his voice barely more than a whisper.

Earth nodded, pulling Luna closer to show him something. "Thousands of years ago, my earthlings made tales about the constellations we see right now based on what they look like." Earth began, bowing his head a little to meet eye level with Luna. He looked back up to identify the constellations for himself.

"You see those three bright stars in a straight line? That's Orion's belt. The two brighter stars a little to the north over there are his shoulders. And to the south, there's two more. That's his feet." Earth directed, pointing in that direction. Ancient narratives etched in the sky seemed to come alive as Earth explained everything to Luna. It was crazy to think that earthlings could come up with such riveting stories just by looking at something.

Each constellation wove a tale of gods and heroes, and the more Earth explained, the more entrailed Luna became. Orion, the hunter, pursuing his eternal prey across the heavens. Cassiopeia, the queen, reclined in royal splendor, adorned with stars like jewels. The atmosphere itself tightened around them as Luna seemed tied to the moment. The surroundings seemed like a dreamscape bathed in the soft radiance from the Sun.

Occasional meteors streaked across the dark expanse, leaving trails of dust. Each fleeting moment became a wish upon a star (or many of them, in this case), a moment where the two of them felt at home. They could be at peace in this moment, as if everything that had happened before was long since left in the past. Everyone had gone through a lot recently, so this meant a lot to Luna. This feeling was written in Luna's heart and he knew that this experience would linger for millions of years to come.