Chapter 7: Fixing The Mess

1102 words

I know how to not die now, the secret is peanut butter.

Now that everyone's finally settled in, we can do some actual work now, while everyone has great power our actual ability to repair stuff ins't remotely as high, we all are stuck doing it manually, while Alpha takes the risk of telling the council the truth.

As much as 404 wanted to go with him or have Mix go, I feel neither of them would be a remotely good option, Omni is busy sifting around the multiverses code tryna find either breaks, errors, or cracks and fix them. If he finds the bit of code that defines the limit to the au's he can increase it and hopefully the cost to that isn't bad or harmful.

404: "I WANT TO PROTECT MY BRO!"

Mix: "You will sit the f### down and help your adopted son fix au's."

404: "BUT THEY'RE ALL A##HOLES THAT DESERVE TO BURN!"

Mix: "And I'm Steven Hawking now quit your childish babbling!"

Mix has 404 held down in a chokehold since 404 is determined to be next to his bro 24/7. Don't blame him since he's back from the dea- actually how is he back?

Error: "Wait how is Alpha back?"

Mix: "What do you mean back?"

Error: "How is he alive?"

404: "Oh that, apparently when Infected killed him he kept his soul secretly, so revival just needed a body, NOW LET ME GO!"

Mix: "Your helping your son fix the mistakes mess~"

Error: "Bit harsh don't you think?"

404+Mix: "No."

Error: "Cmon Will, let's go fix CandyTale."

404: "Fine." He answered grumpily.

Opening a portal to CandyTale revealed... A lot of corruption.

404: "F### man, it looks like you without the skeletal body."

Error: "How did it even get this bad?"

404: "I'll deal with the main code you handle the residents and out codes."

Error: "You sure you got this?"

404: "I'm the multiverse god not resident."

Error: "In power, but I'll trust you anyways."

I teleport to icecream snowdin, it seems entirely corrupted, liquid candy area isn't bad but I can see some sheltering in it due to this aus version of hotlands having its access destroyed.

I teleport near the group.

Error: "Hey!"

They all look to me with panic.

Error: "Me and a friend are here to help, have any of you been hit by the corruption?"

Undyne: "Why should we t-trust you!"

Well shes one.

Error: "Hold on." I say opening her code panel.

Its very minor, red text is easy to spot among the green, I do some quick repairs then restart her. She slouched down for 5 seconds before looking up.

Undyne: "Hey, it doesn't hurt anymore."

Error: "Speaking of anymore, anymore need help?"

I helped those that needed while I see the corruption shift a lot, he doesn't know what he's doing does he? Regardless the sans won't stop glaring at me and the Papyrus is desperate to learn how to do this, but being a normal monster over an error he can't, its hard to explain that this is a nature born power not regular magic.

Boom!

Ok what the hell is he doing.

C!Sans: "What was that!?"

Error: "My partner proving I was right to not trust that he knows how to do this." I say teleporting.

404: "F### WHY IS THERE MORE RED! Oh stars why is that blue now? WAIT WHY IS THAT SHIFTING!"

Error: " 'I'll deal with the main code' sure dad."

404: "Oh- uh-, hey... I just got rusty is all." He said pressing a button that made the corruption worse, he looked to me with a fake smile.

I walk up to him and simply state.

Error: "Its my turn to teach you."

Alpha's POV:

Orange: "Wait so he is a fusion of a maniac, a kid, and a sociopath?"

These people will be the first in centuries to make me loose my cool, its not that hard to understand!

Alpha: "Yes, as I said before, and the fusion of 3 minds didn't mix everything, most of the evil is gone and he's chaotic neutral right now."

Sans: "Wait so 404 guy is father to Error?"

Alpha: "I-

I feel my eye twitch as I clench my fist.

Alpha: "No, he adopted him, joint with nightmare."

The council is notably nervous at my fist clench, Dream can actually tell the level I'm feeling this irritation at so he's easily the most worried.

Dream: "I-I'm sorry if w-were upsetting you."

Alpha: "It's... sigh, fine. Its not easy to understand since apparently Ink has been literally spoon feeding you all for the last 800+ years, so something new would't be simple to understand, its ok cus you literally haven't had an alternative and been partially forced to believe only that, so I forgive you all." I finish with a smile.

Reaper: "Wait so 404 adopted Error with nightmare?"

I bang my head on the desk.

Alpha: "God d##mit you guys this meeting started 5 minutes ago why is it all questions for the 3 minute nutshell explanation!" I whine into the desk.

Sans: "I have an actual question then, what happens to Ink and us now that you're back?"

Alpha: "We h-

I cut off as I don't know the actual plan...

Alpha: "Well... Nothing was set in stone yet but if I had to guess Ink will either be killed and replaced or we give him his soul back, you guys will either be left alone or offered an opportunity to help us in some sort of way, I know 404 is livid with you all but I'm confident I can make him realize its not entirely your guy's fault, granted Ink will take a lot of blame from that but if you guys are ok with it we should be fine."

C!Sans: "Considering I sense Error and someone fixing a corrupted copy of my au I can understand that I was probably being lied to, granted your point on us literally knowing and doing nothing else is gonna make it hell to handle, but yeah I'm fine with Ink taking blame if it means I can know the truth."

Omni POV:

God this code is f###ed...

Splurp

?

I recognize the sound of Ink.

Omni: "You shouldn't have come he-

...

Why is it black?

Why can't I see suddenly?

I open my eyes realizing I closed them.

I fell asleep?

I make a mirror to check if I ruined my clothes...

That f###er punched me in the head!

Wait he's weak how did he knock me out?!

Wait wheres the book!

.