▒108▒ 🔸 Shadows of the Past - 15 🔸

⬛◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾◽▪️◽▪️◽▪️◽▪️◽⬜

The royal knights, witnessing Lucas's decisive action, hesitated for a moment. Lucas, now facing both the masked assailant and the knights, raised an eyebrow defiantly. The leader of the knights, a stern-faced figure with a commanding presence, spoke, "Explain yourself! What is the meaning of this chaos?"

Lucas, still holding his sword stained with the masked guy's blood, replied coolly, "Your guess is as good as mine. We walked into a trap, and your masked friend here,"  he gestured to the fallen assailant,  "had some poison plans for us."

The leader of the knights scrutinized the scene but didn't say a word about it. As the knights secured the area, the leader turned back to Lucas, 

"You'll have to come with us for questioning."

Lucas, glancing back at the window through which he had pushed Harold, hesitated but complied. The situation had taken an unexpected turn, and Lucas found himself in the custody of the royal knights, uncertain about what lay ahead.

As Lucas faced the scrutiny of the royal knights, he couldn't shake the suspicion that these knights, working directly under the emperor, had a connection with the masked assailants. The familiarity between them raised questions in Lucas's mind. Was the Crown Prince, who is now acting as the emperor, orchestrating this elaborate scheme?

The pieces of the puzzle started to fall into place for Lucas. It wasn't just a shady trap; it seemed like a meticulously planned operation involving the highest echelons of power. The masked assailants, the rapid response of the royal knights, and their seemingly friendly interaction hinted at a more profound conspiracy. Lucas pondered what the situation might be.

As the knights prepared to take him to the capital for questioning, Lucas locked eyes with the leader of the knights. With a stern but calm demeanor, he gestured toward the lifeless bodies of Marquis Bellacian and Eric Bellacian. His voice was soft but carried an unmistakable edge as he spoke, "I want them to accompany me to the capital. Prepare for their transport with respect, unless you wish to provoke the wrath of the Marquis households."

The knight commander understood Lucas's implicit threat and promptly directed some of his men to prepare a big carriage for the transportation of the bodies. Meanwhile, the masked figures looked visibly distressed, much to Lucas's amusement. He couldn't help but chuckle inwardly, knowing exactly why they were reluctant to hand over Eric's body.

However, the leader of the knights was keen on avoiding any further political complications. Having known Lucas from previous encounters, he realized the potential ramifications of not complying with Lucas's request. Reluctantly, he signaled for the bodies to be prepared for transport, understanding that failing to do so could escalate the situation into a much larger problem.

⬛◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾▫️◾◽▪️◽▪️◽▪️◽▪️◽⬜

A/N :  A special Thank You to,

libradillakleahmae

just-passing_by

StarSlayer9

For showering this novel with your precious votes.. <3