Chapter 23

It was lunchtime, and Itona and Okuda weren't able to sit with 1-A. Something about "support class bonding"

As 1-A sat down they started talking like normal. That was, until Mina decided to bring something up.

"Hey, Midoriya! Who was that on the phone during math?" Mina chimed in, her eyes glinting with curiosity.

Jirou, leaning on the table, added, "Yeah, it seemed kinda urgent. Everything okay?"

Midoriya, attempting to downplay the situation, hesitated before responding, "Oh, that? It was just my mom. She wasn't well, but she is feeling a little better now."

"Oh no, that's tough. I hope she gets well soon," Uraraka expressed genuine concern.

"Yeah, moms are the best. Is she still in the hospital?" Kaminari asked, his tone sympathetic.

Midoriya nodded, "Yeah, she is, but it's nothing too serious. Just needed some rest."

As the lively lunchtime conversations in Class 1-A continued, Todoroki leaned in and remarked, "Midoriya, you've been through a lot lately. How are you holding up?"

Midoriya flashed a reassuring smile, "I'm fine, Todoroki. Just dealing with the usual hero stuff."

Kirishima, always eager for a good story, chimed in, "Speaking of hero stuff, did you guys catch the news about Endeavor's latest battle?"

"Yeah! That was insane. The flames were like, whoosh! Boom!" Kaminari exaggerated, gesturing dramatically.

Sero chuckled, "I'd pay to see you do a reenactment, Kaminari."

Todoroki sighed, "Csn we not talk about stupid Endeavor right now.."

Momo grinned "Sure" 

Uraraka nudged Midoriya playfully, "So, when are you introducing us to your mom, Midoriya?"

Iida, always the responsible one, added with a hint of authority, "It would be a good idea. We could organize a little get-together or something."

Midoriya chuckled nervously, "Uh, maybe sometime in the future. She's still recovering, and you know, hero schedules and all that."

Bakugo added, with a hint of annoyance in his voice, "Just don't go crying to mommy if you can't handle the training, Deku."

Midoriya sheepishly smiled, stuttering "Don't worry, Kacchan. I can handle it just fine."

The rest of the day passed in a blur of lessons, training exercises, and occasional banter between the classmates.

.

.

.

.

.

Class 1-A along with Itona and Okuda hung out in the dorms.

Kirishima started the conversation.

"Hey! Akari, Haruki, how was your day?"

Haruki, slightly caught off guard, responded, "Huh? Oh yeah, it was great."

Akari chimed in, "Yeah, we had a new English teacher."

Kaminari joined the discussion, "Oh really? We did too! Was it Irina-sensei?"

Haruki began to answer with an unintended slip, "Yeah, it was bitc-"

Akari quickly interjected, "Yep, it was."

Midoriya shot Haruki a glare for nearly revealing too much, and Haruki responded with an apologetic look.