Chapter 52

"Ugh, this is so boring." Irina sighed. "Any word from the kids?" The two of them were waiting in the ministry building, hanging out in Karasuma's room. Irina was on her phone and Karasuma was working on the computer

...

"Karasuma? Hellooooo?" She poked.

"What?" Karasuma said, giving her a blank stare. "Oh, right. The kids." He frowned. They had been on standby for a while, and he started to pace around the room. 

"Soo..." Irina said, laying her head down on the other side of Karasuma's desk. "Do you think they're okay? I'm kinda worried for those brats..."

"I... I don't know." Karasuma frowned again. "They haven't updated me, and this whole thing should have been an easy mission."

"I mean.. Isn't it just a warehouse? Ritsu found it, right?" Irina said, messing with her hair. 

"Yes. They should actually have finished the mission a couple minutes ago. Or atleast given me an update..." He sighed and rubbed his head. Why did these kids always get into trouble?

"Oh and yea, what happened with the other group? The training one?" Irina said, picking her head up from the desk.

"Oh god, don't get me started.." Karasuma sighed. 

"What did they do this time? They didn't kill anyone, right?" Irina said, raising an eyebrow. 

"Agent Mark was attacked." He said bluntly. 

"The brown haired guy? The ugly one?" Irina asked innocently.

"I-" Karasuma sighed. "Please don't call our colleagues ugly... but yes, that one."

"So what happened? The kids were attacked too?" She asked. 

"Not really." He paused, collecting his thoughts. "It was some villian with a quirk that could make doubles or something."

"I think I heard of a guy like that. Was he in kahoots with that Toga girl?" She replied, cocking her head. 

"Yea..How did you know?" He said, turning to face her. 

"One of the kids... it was like Fuwa or Kayano.." She squeezed her lips together. "They did research on that leauge of villians and she and some other guys were there." 

"Ah." Karasuma nodded. 

"Anyways, she infiltrated the building and the kids had to take on her and the doubles." Karasuma continued.

"Oh... well those brats better have won." Irina scoffed  

"Of course they did— I actually came back after they finished."

"Well who had to go against the Toga girl?" Irina said, turning her head to the side

"Hmm..." Karasuma said, trying to recall what the kids told him. "Oh— I think it was Meg and Nakamura that did it."

"Oooh, that sounds like a good matchup. I hope they had fun." Irina shrugged. 

Karasuma gave her a weird look, which made her add, 

"What? It's extra training..."

"Only with these kids would you be so calm about hearing they were attacked by villians." Karasuma sighed.

"Oh come on, they're basically professionals! Plus, I trust those brats enough." She teased, and brought out a nail file and started tending to her nails. 

"They did handle it pretty well... I just wish they called us sooner." Karasuma said, staring out the window. 

"Well you  should have called me! I could have helped you!" Irina whined