8. Start of a New Piece

6:54 AM, Monday

Inside the 1A Dorm, a pair of green eyes can be seen looking out at the rising sun upon the midst of trees and buildings. Izuku, owner of said eyes, leaned over at the railing of the balcony of his room and let the morning breeze past his white hair and the sound of the small animals, like birds, squirrels, and insects waking up and making their presence known as he reached his hands out.

Using his quirk, he telepathically pulled a leaf that was being carried by the wind onto his palm. His vision moved to the leaf as he held it between his fingers, twirling it by the petiole. He watched as it began to move along with the breeze and let off his fingers.

As he followed the leaf's direction, he felt something touch his hand which made him turn to it. He stared as a tiny sparrow landed on his palm for a few seconds. The tiny bird looked over at his direction, somehow matching his stare. They simultaneously tilted their heads to the side and observed the other.

The staredown with the little creature ended when the two heard another chirping from the trees below and saw the other birds flying away with the wind. The sparrow looked back at Izuku and chirped at him before flapping its wings and flew to the other birds, leaving Izuku to look at it from the balcony of his room.

Izuku watched as the flock began to fly away as a very small smile could be seen on his face. He always thought how lucky he would've been if he was a sparrow. Always around with his flock, living and traveling together, and having each other's back. Having someone to trust and lean on whenever you need them.

Something that he found with his former class. He thought that he could trust them to be there for him when he needed them. He thought that they were family, a class, a flock of students who aspired to be heroes in the future.

But with just a rumor, a switch was suddenly flipped and they all just turned their backs against him. Well, at least most of them did. Among the nineteen of them, only six, consisting of Katsuki, Kyoka, Shoto, Minoru, Fumikage, and Yuga remained to be on his side.

The rest? They would go and ignore him, hate him, beat him to a pulp, and call him a villain. The same could be said with All Might, minus the beatings, would somehow take back One For All from him, deeming him unworthy of it.

These all in turn caused him a lot of pain. Their faces would be the cause of his nightmare for the following weeks. To add fuel to the fire, his mom, the only family he had, the person to love and support him unconditionally would pass with him unable to say goodbye to her one last time. Unable to tell her how much he loved her. All because of his former classmates ambushing him and beating him to a pulp.

Wincing as he placed his hand over his head as he felt a headache welling within him, he forcefully pushed it away. He then deactivated his quirk, which he had unconsciously activated due to his emotions getting the best of him.

Even with him leaving UA to rest his mind and relax, he was still prone to getting flashbacks of the pain and suffering he had received by the hands of his classmates and how they looked at him. In turn, would lead to him activating his quirk by accident.

Feeling the pain subsiding, Izuku took deep breaths and closed his eyes for a few seconds. He wasn't ready to obliterate half of his room again. He doesn't want to cause another wave of panic due to his "Rage Mode", something that Katsuki would jokingly call his initial outburst. It was something that he wouldn't want to happen with his new classmates.

Speaking of his new classmates, they somehow act and in general just look similar to his former classmates, like Tetsutetsu's style and mannerisms reminding him of Kirishima, Setsuna's teasing nature reminding him of Ashido, Komori's hair similar to Uraraka, and more, which caused Izuku to be a bit distant towards them at first.