Chapter 2: Downpour of thoughts

"Dinner's ready, everyone!" I called out, my voice carrying through the bustling clubhouse

"Dinner's ready, everyone!" I called out, my voice carrying through the bustling clubhouse. The scent of homemade lasagna wafted through the air, mingling with the familiar aroma of leather and engine oil.

Tyler enveloped me in a bear hug the moment I entered the dining area. "Elena, you're a saint," he declared, his booming voice filled with genuine appreciation. "I swear, I could eat a horse right now!"

I chuckled at his exaggerated hunger, returning his hug with a smile. Since I got here I recognized that Tyler had a way of lightening the mood, his infectious energy a warm welcome despite the weight of my problems.

As I made my way to the couch to settle in for the evening, Wrench, the vice president of the club, appeared at my side. He was a towering presence, his frame casting a shadow over me as I looked up to meet his gaze.

His brown eyes twinkled with amusement as he settled onto the couch beside me, his slicked-back hair catching the dim light of the room. For a moment, I found myself captivated by his appearance—the way his features seemed chiseled from stone, his presence commanding yet strangely comforting.

I quickly averted my gaze, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks as I realized I had been staring. Embarrassment washed over me, mingling with a strange sense of attraction that I couldn't quite shake.

To my surprise, Wrench let out a low chuckle, the sound rumbling deep within his chest. "Caught you staring, huh?" he teased, his voice tinged with amusement.

I offered him a sheepish smile, feeling a flush of warmth spread across my cheeks. "Sorry about that," I mumbled, unable to meet his gaze.

Wrench's laughter filled the air, a sound that was both reassuring and oddly comforting.

****

I shifted slightly on the worn leather couch, feeling the warmth of Elena's presence beside me as we watched the flickering images on the TV screen

I shifted slightly on the worn leather couch, feeling the warmth of Elena's presence beside me as we watched the flickering images on the TV screen. There was a certain comfort in her company, a sense of familiarity that belied the fact that we had only just met.