Chapter 7: Lockdown & Surprising Revelations

Third Person P.O.V.

A week later

Elena sat on the edge of her bed, her hands absently smoothing over the fabric of her sweater as she listened to her mother talk about the upcoming doctor's appointment. The prospect of finding out the gender of her baby filled her with nervous excitement, and she couldn't help but feel a flutter of anticipation deep in her chest.

As her mother chattered on, Elena rummaged through her closet, searching for something cozy to wear to the appointment. She wanted to feel comfortable, yet presentable, for this milestone in her pregnancy journey.

"So, what about you and Wrench?" her mother's voice interrupted her thoughts, drawing Elena's attention back to the conversation. Elena turned to face her, a soft smile gracing her lips. "He's awesome, Mom," she replied, warmth infusing her words. "He treats me so good."

Her mother returned the smile, her thoughts drifting momentarily to the unique dynamic between Wrench, Slick, and Brick. The three men shared a bond that went beyond friendship—a closeness that few could understand, and Maria and James had always accepted it. Maria pushed aside her thoughts, knowing that Wrench had promised to discuss everything with Elena when Brick and Slick returned.

Breaking free from her reverie, Elena's mother gazed at her daughter, noticing that she was fully dressed and ready to go. "Du siehst wunderschön aus, Baby," she said, her thick German accent lending a tender warmth to her words. Elena's smile widened at the familiar phrase, understanding the sentiment behind it.

(You look beautiful baby)

With a gentle kiss to Elena's head and a loving pat to her belly, her mother excused herself, promising to wait downstairs in the car. Elena watched her leave, feeling a surge of gratitude for her unwavering support.

With one last glance around her room, Elena gathered her things and made her way downstairs. She slid into the passenger seat beside her mother, the anticipation of the appointment palpable in the air as they drove to the doctor's office.

****

As I sat in the doctor's office, the anticipation in the air was palpable

As I sat in the doctor's office, the anticipation in the air was palpable. My heart raced with a mixture of excitement and nervousness as I awaited the news that would change my life forever. Beside me, my mom offered a comforting smile, her presence a source of strength in this moment of uncertainty.

Suddenly, the door swung open, and in walked the doctor—a poised and professional woman whose warm demeanor instantly put me at ease. With gentle hands, she guided me through the procedure, her expertise evident in every careful movement.

As she examined my growing belly, a wave of anticipation washed over me, my breath caught in my throat as I awaited her verdict. And then, the moment of truth arrived.

"Congratulations, Ms. Stone," she said, her voice filled with genuine warmth. "You're having twins."

Time seemed to stand still as her words echoed in my ears. Twins. The realization washed over me like a tidal wave, leaving me breathless with shock and wonder.