6: Diva In Distress

At Hayley's Cyberspace, Y/N, Conner, Ethan, and Dr. Oliver sat at a table and listened to Kira singing. Trent was listening to her song and was drawing something at the same time. As Kira was singing, she noticed that not a lot of people were paying attention to her song. When she finished her song, only a few people clapped for it. Kira walks off the stage and over to her friends.

Y/N: That was great, Kira. Is that a new song?

Kira: Yeah. I'm working on the hook, but I think there's something there.

Ethan: I'm telling you, if this superhero gig doesn't work out, you definitely have a musical career to fall back on.  

Y/N: He's right about that. You gotta be one of the best singers I ever heard.

Kira had a small blush on her face as she replied to them.

Kira: Thanks, but it's hard to have a musical career when you can't even get anyone to listen to you play.

Trent came by the table to give them their drinks.

Trent: I was listening, and I think you rock.

Kira saw Trent's sketch pad with a drawing on it.

Kira: What are you working on?

Trent quickly hides his drawing.

Trent: No. Not till it's done.

Dr. Oliver: Nobody appreciates good music anymore. All you hear on the radio is that pop garbage.

Hayley: Yeah. Like what's her name? Kylee Styles?

Conner: Hey, Kylee Styles has some good music, Dr. O.

Dr. Oliver just makes a doubtful face.

Ethan: Translation. He thinks she's fine.

Conner: No, I don't.

Ethan and Y/N just look at him for a moment until he comes clean.

Conner: Okay, I do. But that has nothing to do with it.

Y/N: Sure it doesn't.

Y/N takes a sip of his drink.

Y/N: Besides, the last few songs she made aren't as good as when she first started.

Kira: It's because she only focuses on her image nowadays. She used to be a really good songwriter. She was really sweet, too.

Ethan: You say that like you two are friends.

Kira: We used to be.

Conner and Ethan share a look that they don't believe her.