6

"Jungkook?"

"Y-yeah?"

". . . Do you like me?"

The washroom was small, probably because Yugyeom had the washroom and the bathroom in separate rooms. And with how fast Taehyung pulled him inside, Jungkook couldn't even get the time to switch the lights on.

So now they stood in the slightly confided place, with the moonlight peeking from the window above the closed seat being their only source of light.

"H-huh?"

"H-huh?"

"Do you like me, Jungkook?"

Taehyung wore golden jewelry alot, Jungkook had observed. Even now, he could see his golden earring shimmer even in that much light. It made Jungkook think, how could he even find someone's ear so attractive?

Taehyung's cologne was strong tonight too, but a little different from the one he remembers from the detention class

Taehyung's cologne was strong tonight too, but a little different from the one he remembers from the detention class. Maybe he changed to something new for the party? Whatever it was, Jungkook didn't mind it one bit.

"Actually, right. Don't answer."

For a moment, Jungkook thinks Taehyung said that as a taunt for him being quite for so long. So as he rushes to answer him, Taehyung beats him to it.

"Don't like me."

"What?"

"I don't know if you like me now, or not. But you were right." Taehyung then looks up, looking at Jungkook's right eye, to his left eye, his mouth before back to his eyes. "You're one to take the romance part a little too seriously. I don't."

"I don't get it," Jungkook takes a deep breath. "What are you trying to say?"

"You're not as subtle with your stares. And from your actions just now, not even with your actions."

"Taehyung." When he notices Taehyung's eyes go wide a little at hearing that, he realises how he had always avoided saying his name. Maybe because how Taehyung's just so, out of his league? He just never had that confidence.

". . . What?"

"Right." Jungkook shakes his head. "I don't get what you're trying to say here. Can you be, direct?"

For a while, he doesn't get a response. But when he does, he wishes he didn't.

"When you sleep with someone once, you sometimes develop. . . Feelings for them. You could say that feeling is the feeling to care after them like, aftercare? But sometimes we confuse that with liking them romantically, you know? Since we care for someone we like too?"

"You're saying, I like you because we had sex?"

"No. I'm saying, don't like me. I don't know if you like me now or not, but just don't. I," For a reason Jungkook understood well, he feels Taehyung take a deep breath himself. "I don't wanna be the reason you get upset."

The noise from downstairs were muffled, including the song 'void' by the neighborhood that the DJ played. But the thumps had no match to the thumping of Jungkook's heart who stared at Taehyung with a plain expression he's only ever seen on Taehyung's face.

Kim Taehyung saying such things so carefully to a nerd like Jeon Jungkook? He found it comical.

"Don't worry." Jungkook speaks in a reassuring tone, the corner of his lips lifting in a smile. "I don't like you like that."

"That's, that's good to hear. .." When Jungkook doesn't speak any further, Taehyung decides it's time to head out. As he turns around to reach out for the door's handle, Jungkook stands in between to block him.

"But I still do, like you."

"Huh?"

"In a way that friends do."

When Jungkook moves a step forward, Taehyung almost trips over the mat lying over the tile on the floor in his attempt to move back. And if it weren't for Jungkook immediately holding his wrist and pulling him forward for him to collide with Jungkook's chest, he would've already been on the ground.

"Do you know what a friend crush is?"

"Friend crush?"

"I googled it the other day." Jungkook then leans against the door, arms folded over his chest with sleeves raised to show his forearms. "A friend crush is purely platonic and means you find someone so cool, you want to be best friends with them."

"You wanna be my best friend?"

"I do find you super cool. And I sometimes stare at you wondering how'd it'd be like to not just stare at you but to also be able to approach you."

With the way Jungkook was smiling so simply, Taehyung felt concerned. This was definitely not the way he acted usually. From confident to shy, to confident once again. That's what Jungkook has been to him so far.

"We can start off as friends, if that's okay with you." Jungkook shrugs, now opening the door himself. "And If you don't mind."

"O-of-course."

"Where was you Jungkook!!" Yugyeom yelled once again, his speach slurred as he called out his classmate who just walked downstairs. "Come on, your turn on the beer pong now!!"

"Alright."