8

"You looked really disinterested this time."

"I did?" Taehyung questioned. A cigarette was held between his lips as he lit its other end with a lighter. He stood in the bathroom, staring at the floral design on the bathroom walls as he blew towards the vent, trying to keep the majority of the smoke from entering the room.

"I doubt you got bored of me this soon either." Mathew reasoned as he laid on his bed, stomach facing the mattress as he lazily peered at Taehyung. Taehyung had a really nice figure. And those white sweatpants only ever complimented his flat stomach more.

"Did you meet someone?"

"If I did, you would've known." Taehyung shrugged, turning to maintain eye contact with Mathew. "Didn't we agree to stop this the moment something like that happened anyway?"

"Actually, we didn't." Mathew then raises himself, turning to sit on his bed instead and letting his feet dangle beside it. "We decided to stop once I got a partner. We never considered you finding someone before me."

Taehyung hummed in response to Mathew, turning to face the wide mirror that hung beside him. Even if the majority of Mathew's house was more towards the modern side, the warm lights around always made it somewhat cozy.

"So, who is it?"

"So, who is it?"

"No one." Taehyung's response is quick. "You're overthinking."

"Not even Bogam from Commerse?"

"I don't even talk to him anymore."

"Not even Minsuk from science?"

"Ended with him six months ago. He already has a boyfriend now."

"What about Jungkook from science then?" Mathew asked after a while of thinking. "He looked quite possessive over you that day in Yugyeom's party."

". . . He's just a friend."

For a moment, Mathew gives Taehyung a silent look. He then breaks into a smile, as he stands up and heads towards his wardrobe. "You can't be friends with people you've slept with."

"What do you mean?" Taehyung furrows his eyebrows. "Aren't we friends?"

"You say that as if I don't always ever approach you with the aim of having sex." Mathew chuckles hearing Taehyung go silent over his answer.

"Like I said." But Taehyung only huffs in annoyance as he disposes off the half finished cigar into the Dustbin after distinguishing it. "He's just a friend. He doesn't even remember that day so it's no different than not ever having sex with him."

"But you remember it, don't you?"

"Does that matter?"

"Only if you want." Mathew's voice was calm now and he held out some clothes for and towards Taehyung. "It's not that bad to like someone, you know? And it's rare that the person you like shows interest in you in return. I suggest don't avoid it."

"Mind your business." When Taehyung shuts the door on Mathew's face, the boy couldn't help but laugh. And when his laugh dies, it remains dead for a long time after.

"I think Yoongi is seeing someone." Hoseok spoke, voice low as he munched at the dumplings that was today's lunch menu in the school.

"How are you so sure?" Jungkook asked, a zoology worksheet sprawled out on the table in front of him.

"I'm not. But I think it's some guy called Chimin Or something. Probably from a different school."

"Do you mean Park Jimin?"

When the two realise how it was none of their voices that asked that, they turn to look at it's source only to find Taehyung standing beside their table, a tray held in his hands.

". . .You know him?" Hoseok asked, voice wary as he looked at Taehyung with a raised eyebrow.

"Mn, can say he's like a best friend to me." Causally, Taehyung places his tray on the vacant seat beside Jungkook. And not so casually, Jungkook finds himself breathless when the boy takes a seat beside him.

Their shoulders touching.

With his clutch pen held tightly in his hands, Jungkook only stares at his worksheet. But Taehyung telling Hoseok all about Jimin is all his actual attention remains at.

"Oh, sounds like someone anyone could fall for." Hoseok laughs a little, not one of his natural loud ones though. "I'll definitely tease Yoongi about this." He speaks, pulling his phone out.

"What even is that?" Hearing no response from Hosoek at that, Jungkook turns to find it was him that Taehyung was talking to. Taehyung's cheeks were a little puffy, and the little pout on his lips as he chewed on a dumpling was something Jungkook could die for.

". . . Jungkook?"

"O-oh, sorry. T-this, um, it's a diagram of a frog's dissection."

"I wish I asked that after finishing my food

"I wish I asked that after finishing my food."

When Hoseok engages Taehyung in another conversation about that said Jimin, Jungkook diverts his attention back to his worksheet. Five minutes into it, he doesn't even realise who sat beside him as he actually focused on his work for once.

But five minutes is exactly how long it all lasted. All thanks to Taehyung's lithe fingers that suddenly grip Jungkook's right thigh, applying pressure on it.

"Stop shaking your leg, it's shaking the table."

Maybe Taehyung also had trust issues, because he doesn't lift his hand from Jungkook's thigh until he finishes his food after that.