Humiliated and Broke

Ignore the mistakes 🙏🏻

Taehyung came back to his apartment after his work at 11:25 pm and found silence in his house. There was no excited dog to greet him at the door nor was any noise. Taehyung's heart beated so loud. He hurriedly walked in and started calling for his dog. He kept running inside and outside of the apartment to find his dog in the dark night and then when he ran back inside for the 8th time he finally heard faint whizzing coming from behind the kitchen counter.

Taehyung wasted no time and ran behind the counter. "Hi Buddy, you scared me." Taehyung went down on his knees and hugged the husky who was lying linp on the the ground. "What happened?"

The dog barely opened his eyes and with all his force he dragged the tons heavy head of his and put it in Taehyung's lap. The reat of the energy also goving in and the dog looked like he fainted.

Panic surged through Taehyung as he was anout to pick the hisky and run to nearest hospital but his phone rangged that diverted his attention. Keeping the dog in his lap, Taehyung pulled his phone out. It was from his wife, Taehyung's heart got scared, was she okay? Taehyung's all senses were on high alert.

"Hello?" Taehyung's voice was fragile, his hands continusly moving in tbe husky's long fur and the heart beat was erratic.

"Hi love. Are you home?" His wife asked.

"Everything okay Anna, i was late so I didn't call, i just got back home." Taehyung replied keeing the news of husky's condition to hisself.

"How was your day?" Anna sounded a little down, a few days ago Taehyung asked her when she was in the same condition and she told him that being the 7 months pregnant is hard and it tires her alot.

"The usual. I don't wanna talk about it though." Taehyung's mind hurriedly recollied the interaction he had with the bratty rich boy, his words still ringing in his head.

"Taehyung, i need to tell something." Anna finally said.

"Anna, is everything okay?" Taehyung asked again.

"Appa—Appa isn't well, Tae. If you can get some time, maybe visit home and— i know you have alot to do and you have already taken enough leaves and—-"

"What happened Anna? I-I'll see what i can do and take a day off. Is some-something serious?" These type of news have always been hard for Taehyung. He feels the most unlucky child as in this condition of his parents he can't be with them or care for them.

"Don't pressure yourself Tae, i know, we all know you are doing all you can. It's just that Appa fell today and being in this age it's hard—-"

"What? How did he fell? And where? Where were you?" Taehyung almost yelled, the few sane part of his brain also stopped working.

"I was with Eomma, she had to go to washroom and when incame back Appa was on the ground. His wheelchair tripped i guess. But he's okay. It's just i can really serve in this condition, my own condition is halting me to move now a days. So—-"

"I'm so sorry Anna, it's all my fault. I'm trying but it seems like nothing's working. I'll do something, don't worry." Taehyung felt so helpless and in that minute he remembered the dollar bills on the gas station dirtying in at the gas station.

"Don't apologise Tae, i know more than anyone what you are sacrificing to provide us all. I respect you, i'll try to do my best, don't worry about us. Eat well and you should sleep, it's getting late now." Anna said and before Taehyung could say anything cut the call. Taehyung's hand dropped down almost lifelessly and when it touched the cold face of the husky he came back to the present.