Epilogue

Ignore the Mistakes 🙏🏻

Two months had passed since Taehyung returned to Daegu, and now he found himself standing outside the hospital room where his wife was about to give birth. Anxiety churned in his stomach, his heart pounding against his ribcage like a drum. His father sat beside him in a wheelchair, a silent pillar of support despite his own frailty.

Jungkook stood behind them, his presence a calming presence amidst the tension. His eyes flitted between Taehyung's anxious face and the closed door of the hospital room, his hand resting reassuringly on Taehyung's shoulder.

"How are you feeling, Tae?" Jungkook's voice was soft, a stark contrast to the bustling energy of the hospital corridor.

Taehyung glanced at him, his expression a mixture of fear and anticipation. "Nervous," he admitted, his voice barely above a whisper. "I just hope everything goes smoothly."

Jungkook squeezed his shoulder gently, offering silent reassurance. "She'll be fine, Tae. And you'll be a great father."

Taehyung managed a weak smile, grateful for Jungkook's words of encouragement. "Thanks, Jungkook. I appreciate it."

Their conversation was interrupted by the sound of footsteps approaching. Anna'a doctor emerged from the hospital room, her eyes holding the satisfaction and face smiling."It's a boy,"

Taehyung's mother laughed, her happiness unable to be kept hidden her voice trembling with emotion. "How's Anna?"

"Mother and baby are both doing well." The doctor told themRelief flooded through Taehyung's veins, his tense muscles relaxing at the news. A wide grin spread across his face as he exchanged a glance with Jungkook, who mirrored his expression of joy.

"Congratulations, Tae," Jungkook said, genuine happiness shining in his eyes.

"Thank you," Taehyung replied, his heart overflowing with gratitude. "I can't believe I'm a father now."

His father reached out to pat his hand, a proud smile on his face despite his own weakness. "You'll be a wonderful father, son. I have no doubt about that."

As they awaited their turn to meet the newest addition to their family, Taehyung felt a sense of peace wash over him. Despite the challenges they had faced, he knew that they had come out stronger on the other side. And with Jungkook's unwavering support by his side, he was ready to embrace whatever the future held for them.

As Taehyung joyfully jumped around, basking in the happiness of becoming a father, Jungkook's heart shattered into a million pieces. He watched from the sidelines, aching with longing as he witnessed the sheer bliss on Taehyung's face. Every smile, every laugh felt like a dagger to his heart, reminding him of the life he had imagined with Taehyung, a life that seemed to slip further away with each passing moment.

Despite his best efforts to hide his inner turmoil, Jungkook felt the weight of his unspoken feelings pressing down on him like a suffocating blanket. He plastered a smile on his face, congratulating Taehyung and offering his assistance with anything he needed.

But inside, he was crumbling, consumed by the realization that Taehyung's happiness did not include him.Unable to bear the ache in his chest any longer, Jungkook excused himself under the guise of needing to use the washroom.

He retreated to the solitude of the restroom, closing the door behind him with a heavy sigh. Leaning against the cold tiles, he let the tears fall freely, the sound of his muffled sobs echoing in the confined space.Each tear that slipped down his cheek was a silent lament for the love he could never have, for the life he had dared to dream of with Taehyung. He cursed himself for allowing his feelings to grow, for allowing himself to imagine a future that was never meant to be.But even in the midst of his pain, Jungkook knew that he couldn't burden Taehyung with his own unrequited emotions.